Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get Sally to stop eating our grass/dirt. It rained a lot on Saturday and since the the grass has been mud and Sally has been chowing down. She has never done this before and will be 2 years old in Sept. i'm sure she likes the feel of it but i cant stop her. she cries to go out, but when we put her out, she just eats. we have to take her on the leash in our own backyard and hate having to do that. any ideas on how to stop her? plus we paid so much for the sod 2 months ago and it had just started getting lush!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Doe she have a favorite bone or something to chew on while outside? When we used to take Bogart to the dog park, he would eat the wood chips constantly. One day I bought this red ball for him, and it was like magic. All he wanted to do was to carry the ball in his mouth and chew on it at the dog park. He would even run around with it in his mouth while playing with other dogs. It completely got him distracted from chewing on the wood chips. So maybe you could find a toy that Sally really likes to chew on.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If Orson is not on a multi-vitamin you might want to get him some. I once had a dog that would eat both dirt and his own poop. My vet suggested the vitamins and within a week to 10 days he stopped. He apparently was missing something that he wasn't getting enough from his food. Good luck let us know how you make out with him.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree with Josie's proud mom. I heard that eating dirt/poop can mean a lack of a needed vitamin, I think it is a sign of mild anemia? It might just be that she likes the taste, but it might be best to get it checked. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts