Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Storm went back for her follow up training session today. She actually got within 10metres of a dog without wanting to attack it. :D

I learnt a lot more about 'drive' and also corrected my popping technique for the prong. It was also explained to me about how blood in the mucus vomited up is from the stomach. Also apple cider vinegar in the dogs water is great to replace the things Australias heat takes out of the dog.

I have to find someone with a well behaved dog now who's willing to participate in training sessions to continue the work with her. I'm hoping a neighbour up the road will as he has perfect control over his dogs. I have to start with the other dog lying quietly and walking Storm past it, correcting her when needed. As we go along we work on Storms comfort zone of closeness and also getting the other dog up etc. Eventually ending with Storm being able to walk past another dog without a second look.

The trainer also noted how different Storm was from when I first rescued her and how much she's bonded and settled in other ways with me. It's nice to receive praise that all your hard work is actually working. :D

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I'm glad to hear she's making progress. My trainer used to bring along one of her dogs to help in the training session. She used her to demonstrate techniques as well as to work on Sophie's other-doggie problems.

Isn't it nice when you start seeing the fruits of your labor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts