Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haus has been gnawing on himself for the past 20 minutes and whining. This is not normal for him. He's chewing on his foot and his thigh. I just fed him about an hour ago, and gave him a couple small pieces of apple(cored and peeled). Is it just him being weird or should I be concerned?

Also, does anyone else's dog get a slight bit of foam around their mouth when they eat? I just noticed that over the past month, he's had a little foam when he eats.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sassy and Gary get the foam around their mouth, I think it has something to do with the saliva that gets worked overtime when they eat. It's cute!!!

Maybe he has a flea on his leg. Did ya check?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Bella gnaws on her front pasterns when she's tired, but she never whines when she does it. I don't know if she does it out of boredom, if it's a comfort thing for her like a kid sucking its thumb, or something else. She's never had any problems with it, so I haven't mentioned it to the vet. I hope you find out what's wrong with Haus, or that you find out he's just being strange!

Bella always gets kibble froth. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
In the winter time, the air can be so dry.....I know I have to turn into a lotion maniac in winter because of how dry my skin gets...same with the dogs. If the air is dry, it dries thier skin, and they will itch. Try the Eqyss Mikro Tek or Natural Botanical Sprays and see if they make a difference. It has worked wonders with all of mine. Lastly, some added fish oil doesn't hurt either...keep the skin nice and soft, and helps keep moisture in the skin.

http://www.eqyss.com for info on thier products (most are available at feed stores or farm supply and some pet stores. If you can only find the horse formulas, that's OK..they are the same.

Fish oil...I use fish oil pills for humans...1 a day to start and increase according to dog's weight

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'm guessing it was a dry skin or something. He stopped. :roll:

Strange dog I tell ya. He's mental.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha! I'm not so sure. Haus does very weird weird things. Like gnawing on his leg. It was like he was eating a big piece of chicken or something. I guess it's funnier to me because we always joke about eating his hind legs(this really irriates him)! He was grunting and whining while doing it, like he was getting irrated that he was biting himself, but he kept doing it. :roll: My dog is just mental.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
LOL! I have to see that!! Bella gnaws on her front legs when she's tired. She kind of snorts while she does it, so when she's lying in my bed and I'm trying to sleep, it gets really annoying!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haus snorts when he's trying to reach an itch that he just can't quite get. It's the funniest thing ever!! I always tell him if he wasn't so fat, he could reach it. :lol: He just looks at me, and goes back to snorting!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hahahaha!! Bella is so leggy/lanky, that she can pretty much reach any itch that she has. :) She always yawns when I scratch her ears, though. It's so cute. It's like she's opening her mouth just because she can...it doesn't seem like she's really yawning.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lol: How cute!! I was laying on the couch yesterday with Haus, and I was watching his nose twitch as he was sniffing the air. It was SO cute! I love having these 2 days off, I've done nothing but spend time with Haus and try to make Dennis' life a bit less stressful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.