Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I noticed a bump on Zaily's left eyelid, right behind her eyelashes. It started out looking like a bug bite or a pimple, but now it's grown to about a quarter inch long, and it's red & scaly with a dark spot on it. She does not seem to even know it's there & doesn't scratch at it or anything, and there has been no noticeable changes in her behavior or energy level. She's not even 4 months old yet but I'm worried sick that it's cancer. And I can't take her to the vet till I get paid at the end of the month. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

EDIT: I just read another thread on here about Histiocytoma & it sounds exactly like what she has. I will post pics later tonight & would like some opinions on what it could be, please.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It does sounds a lot like a hystocytoma(sp?), those are the same symptoms Philo had with hers. The only thing that would concern me is the location, however, I clearly am not a vet.

The vet told me that some breeds(ours) are susseptable to these, and that they usually occur during younger years (0 to 3yrs).

Philo's just kept growing until it was the size of a dime and looked like a huge blood blister. Occasionally it would bleed and look very nasty. We just kept putting hydrogen peroxide on it and it is finally going away after almost 2 months.

Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm hoping that's all it is. I can't fathom that she'd have cancer, she's SO young & this thing just popped up this week! Cancer doesn't show up that fast & in puppies this young, does it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts