Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a champion quality male bulldog and am curious as to go about studding him out.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

·
Banned
136 Posts
take a COLD shower cuz it's bout to get hot

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree

No offence to the OP, but Champion quality is a term that is thrown around, misused, and overused by people who don't take the time to show their dogs, but are looking to make a quick buck off of them. He is either a champion or he isn't. There is no way to know for sure unless he has been shown and earned a championship. Your opinion of a champion isn't necessarily the same as a show judge's. Owners tend to have a very biased opinion on the quality of their dog, but you need an expert to back up your opinion before you go throwing that term around unfounded.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
oh PLEASE do tell us how you came to the conclusion that this dog was "champion quality"? cause the ONLY way to do that is to actually PROVE the dog. champions work, champions show what has he done that someone would want to give you their hard earned dollar to breed to him? if he has been proven, and is champion quality, then you shouldn't need to even be asking this question on the board because people would already be asking you for stud.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I will stay out of the whole stud thingy...

Oh Lisa..where are you...

e

·
Registered
278 Posts
lol

Blockhead said:
take a COLD shower cuz it's bout to get hot

Oh Lord. Too funny Blockhead... :lol:
This could get nasty, help this guy out...it was only a couple
days ago that you were in his shoes. :(

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Let the flaming begin!

Try to keep the answers nice, folks....oh, screw it, I'm not moderating anymore, FLAME AWAY!

~S

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Unless your dog actually IS a Champion (or better yet...Grand Champion), you shouldn't really be considering breeding him. Breeding is best done by professionals who strive to better the breed, not by people who want to make a quick buck or who have a cute dog and want to pass on its genes. Also, unless your dog has been throroughly screened for genetic disorders, you risk pumping out puppies that have devastating physical problems like hip dysplasia.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If the dog is really as great as you think, you need to get him out and show him.
If he does well there will be no need for you to go out and advertise him.
Anyway, what kind of bulldog. English ??

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would suggest showing your dog to his championship and/or obtaining atleast one working title (if it's an AB then a BST is excellent) as well as a CGC/ATTS and at very least, x-ray his hips and elbows (hips are a must to go for the BST anyways) Then after that, I'd say have at 'er!

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Lisa said:
Chynasmom said:
Kismet - what's a BST? Is is specific to ABs?
Breed Suitability Test= Obedience pattern and protection.
BST also requires passing hip scores

WST: working suitability test; same test no hip scores

it was put together by ab people to be a korung (sp) for ab's

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ah! Is it a Canadian thing? I've never heard of it (not that THAT proves anything, really).

I've only seen actual protection work demo'ed on tv, never live, but it seems fascinating. Such a HUGE investment and responsibility to make sure it's done correctly, though.

And the ATTS - is that like the CGC? That's my first goal for Ozy. Chyna and I trained up to that level, but she flunked on the "Meet strange dog, show no more than mild interest" test. In the 4.5 years that we've had her, Chyna has not shown "only mild interest" in ANYTHING!! When we actually went to test, I though she did really well (she glared and muttered, but that's it). The evaluator asked me "Did she just growl?" and I answered "Just a little!" My trainer, who was watching, nearly wet herself laughing. We flunked, but it was a high point for us!! Now she asks me how is my baaaad citizen?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts