Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my baby mack, I think I want to stud him out. What is the usual deal for that? Will people be interested? I heard I either get a puppy or the cost of one? The reason I want to stud mack out is because I want him to live a full happy life, I could use the extra cash, and I eventually want a baby puppy for him to be buddys with.




From what I have read about the breed standard he is perfect. His chest and shoulder width is unreal, his personality is amazing, his coat is beautiful, and more and more. I need to take a better picture of him standing on all fours, its amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
If he's "perfect" get him to some shows and get a judges opinion. How old is he? Have you done any health testing? Get a conformation CH on him and check his hips, elbows and heart and there ya go ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
I agree, if he is perfect, get him out to a show and show him off! What a great thing to do, especially if you are considering breeding him one day. He can have titles to back you up with your statement, and of course, have health testing done. It is fairly inexpensive and worth knowing about.

He is a handsome dude, let's see what you can do with him first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kismet said:
If he's "perfect" get him to some shows and get a judges opinion. How old is he? Have you done any health testing? Get a conformation CH on him and check his hips, elbows and heart and there ya go ;)
Well like I said from the reading that I have done I think he is perfect. His heart has been checked for heartworms and thats fine, he did have some intestinal worms but thats all gone now, the vet did stool samples, and took blood. My aunt has worked at an animal hospital for many years so she took some extra tests. The vet said he is perfect, I actually thought he was 1 when I first got him and the vet agreed. But it turns out he is 3. I am really not interested in showing him because of the time and effort involved I am a very, very busy person. I have his papers from belgium and his blood line back to I think his great, great, great grandparents.

Like I said I am just interested in breading him because of the extra cash, he is a beautiful english bulldog (IMHO), but I am no expert, I want to let him live a full life, obvously he is interested in gettin laid (he tries to mount once and a while), and I eventually want a puppy.

From what someone told me you either get the price of a puppy, or a puppy. Is that true?

Please no one think I am spouting off and saying my EB is the best EB around, but what I did say was, from reading the bread standard everything seems to be perfect to me. (ME)

So does anyone think I can do something like this and get a little cash, and eventually get a son of his?

I really wish everyone could see him in person, from the EB's that I have seen (even on dog shows on TV), Mack is as good or better. His shoulder muscles are unreal! his chest is so wide, his head is huge, his wrinkles are awesome, and many more characteristics that EB's should have. Also he is right at 58-60lbs. Right in there for a show dog. I am going to take a video of him soon and post it.

One more question, should I put an add in the paper? Online? How do I contact people that might be interested in my Macks babies?

Thanks for the help, everyone have a great day. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
I completely disagree with the concept of breeding to make money, but that's just me. Breeding should be done to better the breed, especially the English Bulldog that has so many health/structural problems in general. If Mack is as awesome as you say he is, get him involved in the show ring! Show him off!! If he really is as good as you think he is, he'll excel, I'm sure. Also, like Kismet said, health testing should include hips, eyes, heart, thyroid, etc.....not just typical vet check-ups for things like heartworms and other parasites (although that is important.) If you do all of those things with him (involve him in conformation and thoroughly screen for genetic disorders), the stud fee most likely will not cover your out-of-pocket expenses. Responsible, ethical breeders hardly ever make money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
BigMack said:
Kismet said:
If he's "perfect" get him to some shows and get a judges opinion. How old is he? Have you done any health testing? Get a conformation CH on him and check his hips, elbows and heart and there ya go ;)
Well like I said from the reading that I have done I think he is perfect. His heart has been checked for heartworms and thats fine, he did have some intestinal worms but thats all gone now, the vet did stool samples, and took blood. My aunt has worked at an animal hospital for many years so she took some extra tests. The vet said he is perfect, I actually thought he was 1 when I first got him and the vet agreed. But it turns out he is 3. I am really not interested in showing him because of the time and effort involved I am a very, very busy person. I have his papers from belgium and his blood line back to I think his great, great, great grandparents.

Like I said I am just interested in breading him because of the extra cash, he is a beautiful english bulldog (IMHO), but I am no expert, I want to let him live a full life, obvously he is interested in gettin laid (he tries to mount once and a while), and I eventually want a puppy.

From what someone told me you either get the price of a puppy, or a puppy. Is that true?

Please no one think I am spouting off and saying my EB is the best EB around, but what I did say was, from reading the bread standard everything seems to be perfect to me. (ME)

So does anyone think I can do something like this and get a little cash, and eventually get a son of his?

I really wish everyone could see him in person, from the EB's that I have seen (even on dog shows on TV), Mack is as good or better. His shoulder muscles are unreal! his chest is so wide, his head is huge, his wrinkles are awesome, and many more characteristics that EB's should have. Also he is right at 58-60lbs. Right in there for a show dog. I am going to take a video of him soon and post it.

One more question, should I put an add in the paper? Online? How do I contact people that might be interested in my Macks babies?

Thanks for the help, everyone have a great day. :lol:

I smell a troll people! :director:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Lylasmum said:
BigMack said:
Kismet said:
If he's "perfect" get him to some shows and get a judges opinion. How old is he? Have you done any health testing? Get a conformation CH on him and check his hips, elbows and heart and there ya go ;)
Well like I said from the reading that I have done I think he is perfect. His heart has been checked for heartworms and thats fine, he did have some intestinal worms but thats all gone now, the vet did stool samples, and took blood. My aunt has worked at an animal hospital for many years so she took some extra tests. The vet said he is perfect, I actually thought he was 1 when I first got him and the vet agreed. But it turns out he is 3. I am really not interested in showing him because of the time and effort involved I am a very, very busy person. I have his papers from belgium and his blood line back to I think his great, great, great grandparents.

Like I said I am just interested in breading him because of the extra cash, he is a beautiful english bulldog (IMHO), but I am no expert, I want to let him live a full life, obvously he is interested in gettin laid (he tries to mount once and a while), and I eventually want a puppy.

From what someone told me you either get the price of a puppy, or a puppy. Is that true?

Please no one think I am spouting off and saying my EB is the best EB around, but what I did say was, from reading the bread standard everything seems to be perfect to me. (ME)

So does anyone think I can do something like this and get a little cash, and eventually get a son of his?

I really wish everyone could see him in person, from the EB's that I have seen (even on dog shows on TV), Mack is as good or better. His shoulder muscles are unreal! his chest is so wide, his head is huge, his wrinkles are awesome, and many more characteristics that EB's should have. Also he is right at 58-60lbs. Right in there for a show dog. I am going to take a video of him soon and post it.

One more question, should I put an add in the paper? Online? How do I contact people that might be interested in my Macks babies?

Thanks for the help, everyone have a great day. :lol:

I smell a troll people! :director:
Ok, I am wrong..... :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I completely disagree with the concept of breeding to make money, but that's just me. Breeding should be done to better the breed, especially the English Bulldog that has so many health/structural problems in general. If Mack is as awesome as you say he is, get him involved in the show ring! Show him off!! If he really is as good as you think he is, he'll excel, I'm sure. Also, like Kismet said, health testing should include hips, eyes, heart, thyroid, etc.....not just typical vet check-ups for things like heartworms and other parasites (although that is important.) If you do all of those things with him (involve him in conformation and thoroughly screen for genetic disorders), the stud fee most likely will not cover your out-of-pocket expenses. Responsible, ethical breeders hardly ever make money.
Well anyway I agree about making the money but it would be nice. Like I said I am new to even thinking this route. I love the breed so much I already want another one, as far as everything I have heard about health concerns. Mack has no issues what so ever. But I guess the future will really answer that. I have also thought about using my dog to make money and how it wouldnt be right. Honestly the main reason is I want another puppy and I cant afford $2500 dollars. I was looking for an EB for about a year and just couldnt find one I could afford, that was a real EB. Well the last thing I want to do is hook up with a local person that is breeding unhealthy dogs and hurting the future of this breed. So I will stay away from studding mack out unless I get his genetics checked out for problems, and unless the breeder has done the same with there bitch. I love Mack like I have loved no other dog, the way he acts, loves, listens, snorts, cuddles, looks, smells, and more reasons I cant remember right now. I can only attribute this the the english bulldog, he is perfect, I have met my friends 90 lb EB and he acts the same way. So the breed is amazing and the last thing I want to do is hurt it, but I do feel makes bloodline should live on because of how awesome he is. I am going to have to think about this and talk to the my vet about health testing his hips, eyes, heart, thyroid, etc... and any other possible genetic problems. Thanks for everyone helping me decide what to do, thats why I asked. What got this idea in my head was his last owner, he had mack, and a neopolitan mastiff he planned on breading them both (seperetly obviously). He said ohh just put an add in the paper and you will get a bunch of phone calls. Well I am glad I asked all of you, thanks.

I wonder if I can find a local dog show to bring him out? Mack would be a mess and I would definitly have to work on it with him for a while, he would just want to play with the other dogs and have everyone pet him. :lol:

And whats this about a troll Lylasmum? 8)

Here are some pictures that I thought showed kinda how awesome he is.


these are his papers, I think his birthday is July 4th, 2003, but its hard to make out in german.


And this is how mack will prepare for his up coming show... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also just so everyone knows I didnt get Mack because I want to stud him out, I got him and have him because I love him. When I found out he was three and not one, I wasnt mad the guy lied to me, I was mad and almost cried that I had 2 years less with mack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pitbulllover said:
i dunno, even the best looking bulldog to me is ugly. I just cant get used to there weird lookin faces. Then again im a pitbull lover.
Heh, I have said he is so ugly he is beautiful. But I dont beileve that I was just kidding, I think he is beautiful. And pitbulls, arnt those the mean dogs that bite things??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Can you post some more pics of him standing... front, back, and both sides please! Don't forget to make sure you get from his paws to his head... It would help all of us evaluate him more, give you our opinion(s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BergstromsABs said:
Can you post some more pics of him standing... front, back, and both sides please! Don't forget to make sure you get from his paws to his head... It would help all of us evaluate him more, give you our opinion(s).
Well I was trying to do that before, but I need to teach him how to stay next. As soon as he sees a treat he goes right into the sit position, and I want to get him away from doing that and waiting for vocal commands, like he does with everything else. When I was taking pictures before he thought we where playing a game and ran into the camera smashing my nose. :roll: So I will get him out on the grass this week and let him run around and snap some shots. But as far as opinions go, they are like but holes, everyone has one. But I will take the pictures I just dont want people knocking my dog with there mean opinions. But its what I want to do, I guess I am partial because he is my dog. What do you think so far of the pictures you have seen? And what are your crudentials? 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I understand, most ppl are biased when it comes to their pet, just like when it comes to their child. I also know that when coming on a board like this, there are a lot of ppl that will apose you from studding him out.

You're right, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one, but you have to be willing to hear the good with the bad, otherwise you're not going to do the breed any better. Wouldn't it be better to better the breed, then to make it worse then it already is? There are sooo many EBs that already have problems, it would just be nice for man to recorrect what they've screwed up.

I just know that I wouldn't want to send off a puppy to a family/person that isn't healthy, and structurally sound. I would feel guilty, I know I wouldn't want to worry and deal with health problems in a dog, and luckily we haven't had any problems with any of them....

As for creditentials I researched EBs for 2 years before I actually bought Nox. I've been to several breeders, read several books, and I've studied what the form of a English Bulldog should be. I didn't want to buy a dog for that kind of money if I wasn't going to get a healthy, well structured dog. If you're looking for years of experience, I have 2 1/2yrs with Nox, and was around a friends EB for years. Sorry if that doesn't make me qualified with the opinion I've given you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BergstromsABs said:
I understand, most ppl are biased when it comes to their pet, just like when it comes to their child. I also know that when coming on a board like this, there are a lot of ppl that will apose you from studding him out.

You're right, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one, but you have to be willing to hear the good with the bad, otherwise you're not going to do the breed any better. Wouldn't it be better to better the breed, then to make it worse then it already is? There are sooo many EBs that already have problems, it would just be nice for man to recorrect what they've screwed up.

I just know that I wouldn't want to send off a puppy to a family/person that isn't healthy, and structurally sound. I would feel guilty, I know I wouldn't want to worry and deal with health problems in a dog, and luckily we haven't had any problems with any of them....

As for creditentials I researched EBs for 2 years before I actually bought Nox. I've been to several breeders, read several books, and I've studied what the form of a English Bulldog should be. I didn't want to buy a dog for that kind of money if I wasn't going to get a healthy, well structured dog. If you're looking for years of experience, I have 2 1/2yrs with Nox, and was around a friends EB for years. Sorry if that doesn't make me qualified with the opinion I've given you. :)
Well we are on the same page and you will see from the pm's we have been trading. Thats why I come to forums for many thing, powerlifting, and motorcycles to name a couple. There are people from all over, with different backrounds and different ideas on how the world works. Thats what makes me think and make my own decision. now you got me thinking in the pm, makcs front paws do point out slightly, is this a very bad thing? what does this mean? As far as bettering the bread, I am not the guy, but I certainly dont want to hurt it anymore that everyone says it is. thanks. And your crudintentials are fine, I am impressed you spelled it. Did you use word? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
haha nope, I guess by luck I spelled it right. But don't let that fool you, I have plenty of slip-ups when typing.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top