Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fury is about 4 months old, not timid, nor is she shy - she's a wonderful explorer of new things. Of course, she tends to stretch from a mile away just to investigate a new thing or person.

We just got her to potty outdoors and she does really well mostly after trying to break her out of the house-training pads for awhile.

Problem: When she sees my Husband or my Father - the constant men in our lives... she tends to have an accident at their feet when she goes up to meet them. Of course, she's absolutely thrilled to see them but she tends to see what she has done then she gets that disappointed look like when we would tell her No when she would accidents.

Am I suppose to reassure her that it's ok? ( like it's not her fault -which, btw, I firmly believe she doesn't do it intentionally) I'd hate to chastise her for it, too. So, I'm a bit at a loss on what to do. Lately it's been happening a lot.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
With my dad's dog we just didn't react to it at all - just walked away like nothing happened (and then went back a minute later to clean it up). And we learned to greet her outside. :D She grew out of it eventually.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jasper used to do this with men too. And always when we were at the vets - she'd be fine until we went into the little room with him and "wizzz".
He told me just to ignore it, that it is common and just a sign of submission. She never did grow out of it. It wasn't a real problem but I learned to have her great people outside too.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Don't react at all, this will just make the submissive urination problem worse. Abby also had this problem when she was about the same age as yours. Don't let them give her eye contact, touch her, or talk to her, just take her outside immediatly and then let her pee out there and let HER come to them, not the other way around. Let her sniff THEN give affection. If they come to her, they are basically giving up the leadership role. Best of luck, if you have any further questions, just ask.

EDIT = I also forgot, don't let them lean over her when there giving affection either. This usually makes the dog nervous and pee too.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This sounds a bit like she is peeing out of excitment and soemtime sounds like out of confusion. She shouldnt be Unsure of the people in her life all the time!!! she should be happy to come to them all the time. NEVER CORRECT A PUPPY when they come to you for any reason

This is a confusing story
more info?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much all for your replies, I truly appreciate it.

I don't believe she's unsure she just loves and shows this adoration to them, she's incredibly thrilled to see them actually she seems to sense when they get home or pull up into the driveway...which is weird because I'm the one that is with her all day, feeds her and pretty much tends to all her needs.

< kicks an imaginary stone with the toe of her shoe > I don't get any pee adoration. heh

She doesn't do this to anyone else just my Husband and Father whom adore her and who have been around since she was a week old.

I just didn't know how to react to it when she did it or remark upon this but I haven't tried just simply ignoring it. I'll definitely have to try that and also for her to greet outside that's for sure.

Again, Thank you All. :)

-Kara

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Fury said:
my Husband and Father whom adore her and who have been around since she was a week old.
Your dog isn't neccacarily going to care about that. I would definetly go with the no eye contact, speak, or touch rule until there outside, or at least the no eye contact or leaning over. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all here, i've just experienced the same thing and that's what the vet told us and it worked! I've also read this in a couple spots. Don't let the behavior go on though, the older they get, the more the pee. I know it's gross but it's true. Best of luck though!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My Shelby does this too, but only when she sees my parents...I don't know why, but when she gets extremely excited, she tinkles... :oops:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
she's got the "HAPPY PEES" it's so cute!!!

my dogs grew out of it, thank goodness..... i never had a problem with Happy Pees from baylee, she must hate me....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts