Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put a baby pool in your yard and fill it up, if your dog hates water then throw a couple treats in there and go bobbing for treats!

give him or her a bath!

play in the sprinkler!

if you have big enough fixed basement that's cool, go in there and play some fetch or have a doggie playdate!

Keep the suggestions coming.............

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Good ideas - I think in this heat they do not have the amount of energy that
they usually have anyway. They really seem to like the baby pool then hose them
off to clean them up.
:D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
My dogs get a kick out of playing fetch in the house on our wood laminate flooring. They slide all over the place and expend most their energy trying not to crash into the furniture. :) They haven't broken anything yet...knock on wood!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
A great way to exercise Bogart when we can't get outside is to play fetch where he has to jump up on the bed.

Another fun indoor activity is hide and seek. Bogart loves this!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you have a cooled house, a treadmill is great excercise. I also play tug and ball in the house. If you don't have those options, it's time for early morning or late night jaunts!

I know a few folks that have springpoles in thier cooled garages or shops as well. Anywhere it is somewhat cooler with some space for the dogs is great!

I don't handle heat at all..I know some folks can an insist thier dogs work in it too.. nothing against those that can and do..just not my thing. The heat makes me violently ill...I have heatstroked numerous times, had seizures, passed out, etc. I could drink a lake a day and still not process heat well at all.

I'm all for any water activity with my dogs..swimming in the lake or river or ocean, kiddie pools, sprinklers, chasing hose water. You can freeze meat juice or broths in cubes and put in your dog's h2o dishes or the pool for them to catch.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
yup, treadmill in the airconditioned house.
or hose tag (not ho's tag) in the backyard if it isn't to hot and humid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts