Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those of you with white bullies....

Philo is all white with a black nose and lips, however, around her snout and eyes she has little hair.
We live in the northwest and are just beginning to see the sunshine. I was told to use sunscreen on her face, ears
and belly when she is outside. Does anyone know can you just use regular 15-45 sunscreen/ sunblock?
On top of her allergies, if she is out in the sun she comes in and looks like she has been smoking the good stuff
with her poor little red face.....not that I know what that looks like :D

We see such little sunshine here in Seattle it wasn't a big concern when we first got her as a puppy last summer.
She actually hated the sun. Now she loves to just bask in it all day long....oh the life of a bully!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
My brother inlaws dog has a white spot on her snout that gets burnt and we use kids sunblock on her nose just to prevent her from getting burnt.... You know the kind that is safe for babies, cause then it is better suited for sensitive skin etc...

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Definitely use sunscreen. Not only will it prevent them from getting burned, just like humans, it can help prevent skin damage and skin cancers. I use Bullfrog brand on my dogs. I think it's 45 SPF. I wouldn't go any less than 45 if I were you.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
bullfrog

i use bullfrog on luna - the quick dry formula.
we had a nice few days last weekend and she was covered in the stuff from friday to sunday - she loved every second of that sun! the only thing i noticed was her wrinkled forehead-fur turned a little yellow after three days of wearing the sunscreen. no biggie though, she couldn't care less!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.