Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot go ANYWHERE with out my sunglasses, last year when I was training my horse in the round pen, I was wearing them. I noticed that it was like he wasn't taking me seriously, I got mad, for some reason took my sunglasses off, and he was like a total different horse. See in the round pen you use your eyes to drive a horse away, look them in the eye and they will go faster, when you want them to come down and come up to you, you move your eye contact away, its less threatening. So now I NEVER use sunglasses when I am training my horse from the ground.

Well the other day I was working on Lucy watching me. I had her on a long line and was letting wander, then when I said "look" she would look, then I could tell her to come. So anyway, I would give her a treat then she sits in front of me and I hold my hand out until she takes her eyes off my hand with the treat and looks at me, then she gets it. But she wouldn't look at me, so I took my sunglasses off and she looked at me. So now I don't train with my sunglasses.

I just thought I would share my little story with you guys :lol:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Haha its funny you say that. I used to train with an old gentleman who had retried from the sport of Schutzhund and did basic ob classes on the weekends to help pass his time. He gave me crap more than once for wearing sunglasses!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts