Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Since this is my first bulldog, and my first "white" dog, I'd like to know if you all use sunscreen on your dogs in the summer?

Arlo's just a little bit pink around his nose still (my husband's really hoping it will all turn black), and I just read the below thread about pink/black noses and was curious about the chances for sunburn.

Mary

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Yes! I use Bullfrog on my boy. Believe it or not (not sure where you're located) but they can get sunburn in the dead of winter, too! I put it on his ears and his belly.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kasco,

Thanks for the reply. We're in Michigan (never see the sun in the winter, LOL).

Do you not put it around his nose? I'm thinking that's where Arlo's more pinkish, but what the heck do I know.....that's why I asked :wink:

Mary

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I use sunscreen on Chico's face. He gets red on the area above his nose and on his forehead. He's very fair skinned though. My brother's name is Arlo!!!! I'll tell him he shares it with a really cute bullie too!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

Arlo thanks you for the compliment too! We think he's adorable, and somehow that name just seems to "fit".

This board is great - everyone's very helpful. I appreciate the responses.

Mary & Arlo

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Maddi gets sunburned on the bare spots around her mouth and nose. I use a spray sunscreen, so I usually just douse her whole head and belly, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts