Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I use to supplement my dog's food that will make him gain weight. He is VERY SKINNY. Not emaciated but just under the appropriate weight range.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Why is he skinny? Is he getting enough food for his activity level? There's a supplement called Nutrical that will pack on the pounds, but you should probably get to the bottom of why he is skinny. (He didn't look skinny to me in the pictures you've posted. He looks lean.)

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that must be it, he is probably just lean.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it unsafe to use the Nutrical if he is just lean, because i don't know if he is skinny or lean. But if this Nutrical works i will use it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
If he is skinny, you need to find out why, get to the root of the problem don't just try to cover it up, if its a health issue then it won't help.

Lucy was really skinny, she ended up having a uti, now she has gained alot.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
How is his activity level? Does he seem to get lethargic or winded quickly? That's a pretty good way to tell if a pit bull is underweight to the point of causing health problems.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea he does tire pretty quickly. i walked him a little bout around my house, when it was cool outside in the evening and he had symptoms of overheating. it makes me scared to walk him.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where can i get the nutrical stuff from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts