Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i give my dog 2 tablespoons of missing link and 1 tablespoon of sund cured kelp has anyone heard of these and are they any good or just a waste of money.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Alot of people on here use Missing Link. I think it's a great supplement. One of my dogs seems to get itchy from the flax seed so I don't give it to him though. I guess flax is a common problem to a lot of dogs. Be on the lookout for itching with that. Kelp is great too. I'm planning to order a green blend for my dog that can't have the Missing Link. This is the stuff. http://b-naturals.com/product_info.php?products_id=15&PHPSESSID=89c94aa5e6d4dd6c9f8dd3a655af9bbb I've been really happy with all of the products by this company. I'm going to a seminar next month on dog nutrition given by the owner, Lew. What are you feeding?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i feed her royal cannine about 2 cups a day but we give her lots of treats also. i feed her once a day. we were feeding her 2 times a day but she stopped eating in the morning. i do see a difference in her skin and coat when we use them.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Cinder said:
Someone told me a tablespoon of olive oil in their food for their coat...any truth to this?
You can use cold pressed olive oil but fish oil is much better for them. Dogs do better with fats from animals not plants.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
Cinder said:
Someone told me a tablespoon of olive oil in their food for their coat...any truth to this?
You can use cold pressed olive oil but fish oil is much better for them. Dogs do better with fats from animals not plants.
Thank you very much for that information. Can you get that at PetSmart?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Cinder said:
Chico.Heidi said:
Cinder said:
Thank you very much for that information. Can you get that at PetSmart?
You can buy fish oil capsules (you don't have to use ones made specifically for dogs) anywhere vitamins/supplemnets are sold (Walmart, grocery stores, etc). I just poke a hole in the capsule and squeeze the oil on their food.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I posted a similar thread you may want to check out. I was thinking about trying the Solid Gold SeaMeal suggested by PitBullRoyalty.
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=8561&highlight=supplement

As for fish oil, I posted a question on that one too and their were some really good replies.
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=8853&highlight=fish+oil

I give our two cats The Missing Link and it did wonders to their coat. Like Leeann.Bella.Remy said, I am going to give fish oil pills instead of Missing Link for the dogs though. They have one day left of another supplement I was giving them, so I will start that this week.

One last thing, I order Calmplex (for Sibyl) and the garlic tabs (to prevent fleas/boost immune system) from here:
http://springtimeinc.com/index

Their products are fantastic!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Thor said:
Like Leeann.Bella.Remy said, I am going to give fish oil pills instead of Missing Link for the dogs though. They have one day left of another supplement I was giving them, so I will start that this week.
I was really happy with the results of the Missing Link (shiny coat, healthy skin, etc.), and it's very inexpensive to buy, but my vet recommended omega fatty acids derived from animals over fatty acids derived from plants to help keep my dogs' immune systems strong.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was really happy with the results of the Missing Link (shiny coat, healthy skin, etc.), and it's very inexpensive to buy, but my vet recommended omega fatty acids derived from animals over fatty acids derived from plants to help keep my dogs' immune systems strong.[/quote]

What brand/type of fish oil are you using now? I still have decided on what kind to get yet.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Thor said:
What brand/type of fish oil are you using now? I still have decided on what kind to get yet.
*runs and checks* Nature's Bounty 1,200 mg. The ingredients are herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, sprat, and salmon. The dogs get two on days when I remember to give them one at each meal. They get one or none on the other days. :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
*runs and checks* Nature's Bounty 1,200 mg. The ingredients are herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, sprat, and salmon. The dogs get two on days when I remember to give them one at each meal. They get one or none on the other days. :lol:
That last part was hilarious! :lol:

Thanks for the info (and I even remembered not to delete the first quote mark this time)!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Thor said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
That last part was hilarious! :lol:

Thanks for the info (and I even remembered not to delete the first quote mark this time)!
Hehe...I'm probably the most forgetful person I know. It's amazing that I remember to feed my dogs everyday! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts