Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I just saw this the other day while I was at the pet store getting some treats for the pups and was wondering if it was any good myself.I will be very interested to see what peoples response is to this food.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just picked up some Dick Van Pattens Duck & Potato for Harley yesterday. It received a great rating, and Harley LOVES this stuff. Expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you look at each item individually, they are each lacking certain things that, to me, are essentials. I wouldn't feed only the Supreme V, for instance, as there are many more well-rounded kibbles out there that draw protiens from different animal sources, include many supplements and added nutrients, include probiotics, etc. - things that are included in most premium quality kibbles for far less money. What this company does to make up for that is to sell you their wildly expensive supplement line to make up for what is lacking in their wildly expensive primary foods, and that is a load of crap as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, if you have money to burn and you want to feed this product line (and you'd need to feed the WHOLE product line to provide a balanced diet to your dog) go right ahead. I'm not saying that the quality is bad at all - it is most decidedly not. What I'm saying is that you can get basically the exact same nutrition from any number of other kibbles for about 1/8 the money it would cost to use this system properly.

Adding up the cost for all of this looks something like this:

Supreme V kibble, 70lbs. = $130
Vitamin Supplement "starter set" (vitamins, skin & coat supplement, immunity booster) = $70
Probiotic Supplement = $60

So basically that's $260 just to start. I don't know how long that 70lbs lasts, because it's not a dry kibble and I assume you would have to feed more of it (the site doesn't say). I'd guess that this combination of products would last roughly the same amount of time a 35lb bag of like DVP Ultra Premium would. Looking at the ingredients, there are a few things in the supplements that you may not find in a DVP or Innova, but they are things that are EASILY added via supplements from your local Wal Mart pharmacy for FAR less money.

Bottom line, IMHO, is that this food system is a gimmick and a rip-off given the large number of comparable, just as healthy alternatives in the high end dog food market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.