Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom was unpacking the camper after a trip to Maine....
Look who came to help....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
:shock:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
ACK!! :shock: And from the looks of his tagged ears, it seems he may have been 'curious' a few times before, lol!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's the friendly neighborhood black bear :lol: Everybody on the road knows him. He's harmless, but still, :shock: HELLO, I think I'll stick to the city.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That's crazy. He is really a handsome kid though. In all of my years camping and such I have still have never seen a bear in the wild. I'm jealous.

·
Super Moderator
15,960 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
:shock: Wow! OK, fill me in because I'm a little slow. Who tags their ears and why?
If I am correct on this, it is the Fish and Game Division of Maine. They like to keep track of what the bears are up to and where they end up and how long they lived and if they got into any trouble. Black bears are not aggressive but they are like a racoon - they get into anything that even resembles food. They can get too tame and that is not good. They need to stay in the woods where they depend on themselves for food. Maine has a lot of woods so there should not be a reason for them not to stay there unless their habitat was turned over into a housing development - which has happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts