Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who read my first posting, we got the test results back about 5 days ago and Sweetpea had adenocarcinoma, a very agressive form of mammary cancer. It had already gotten into her lungs and she was in alot of pain. We had no choice but to put her down this morning. Thankyou to everyone who prayed for her. She was so loved and will be missed terribly. She was one of my biggest joys in life, this is extremely hard for me. She brightned every day with her precious face and her beautiful smile. She had a wonderful personality and she was so sweet, she really lived up to her name. She was just an amazing animal. It is so hard to think of facing life without her. I wrote a prayer for Sweetpea that I would like to share with everyone:

Sweetpea's Prayer

Please do not cry Mama, when you work in the garden I am right there beside you.
Please do not cry Daddy, When you are driving to Silver Glen, I am right there with you.
Please do not cry my sweet Ashley, when you sleep I'm right there beside you
Please do not cry Casey when you walk, you are not alone; I am walking right beside you.
You may not be able to see me, but I promise you I am there.
Just put your hands to your chest
Can you feel me?
I am right there in your hearts.
Please do not be sad
I know I am loved more than ever
And I love all of you more than ever
I am in heaven now
I know no pain, I know no sorrow
My body is free from illness
I am happy
Please do not cry
We will be together again someday
Until then, I will always be right there in your hearts
Just put your hands to your chest and you will feel me
I promise I will be there
Love,
Sweetpea (Bunny) Britton

I would also like to share some of my joy that was Sweetpea with you:

Rest peacefully my sweet angel bunny

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm very very sorry :cry: I know how it feels to lose a loved dog. My heart and prayers go out to you now in your time of mourning. Just remember, it feels better to cry. And Sweetpea is always looking dog on you and she is in a better pain free place now.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Oh, I am so so sorry for your hurt and loss. I have been through what you are going thru alot of times and just remember she will always be in your heart. You have all of us here that you can vent to wether it is good or bad. Wether you are having a good day or bad. We're here for you. You and Sweetpea will be in my thoughts.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Oh..... :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss. Sweetpea was a beautiful girl...thank you for sharing the pictures of her...I loved the one of her nose to nose with her furry friend and the one in the hula skirt...you could really see her sweetness!

Rest in peace Sweetpea...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. We lost Lady 4 months ago and I can tell you it does get less painful I can think of her and feel like smiling now where before I always felt like crying. Her prayer is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Your prayer brought tears to my eyes. I've not known this sorrow yet, hopefully I won't for many years. I'm sorry for your loss.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts