Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnum went to vet Friday to get all her vaccinations done - the vet did half of them on one side and half on the other - last night there was a HUGE lump on her hindquarters right where he did the injections on one side ---- I am guessing its just some swelling because of the shots that were given --- does this happen to anyone else' dogs? Should I be worried or is it normal? I've just never noticed it before after she has gotten her vacs

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Rabies shots some times cause swelling on the hind end.I would keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger then call your vet because it could be a reaction to the shots.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Boda,
I remember my vet telling me there might be some small swelling where Haus got his shots. I would call your vet just to make sure. When Haus got his shots, I freaked out because he was really lethargic and didn't want to eat. That was normal too.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeha im not too worried cuz she has been eating and playing since she got the shots Friday - its just the swelling really... if its not gone in a couple days I'll take her in to the vet again but it sounds like its pretty normal

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
HausMommy said:
Boda,
I remember my vet telling me there might be some small swelling where Haus got his shots. I would call your vet just to make sure. When Haus got his shots, I freaked out because he was really lethargic and didn't want to eat. That was normal too.
Bella got her rabies shot at the same time she got spayed, so I wouldn't have even noticed the lethargy and lack of appetite. :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts