Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you heard of the email going around regarding the Swiffer Wet Jet and its ingredients being just one step away from antifreeze?

I don't know if there is any truth to this or not, but supposedly, some guy's two dogs started getting violently sick, and it was always after the kitchen floor had been mopped. Over time, they started having renal and liver failure, and one actually died. The vet told him to look for household chemicals that the dogs may have injested. He knew of nothing, but knew that the dogs were always sick after the floor had been mopped, so he took a bottle of the spray to the vet. Apparently, the solvent in the spray is just one step away from antifreeze. After the floor would dry, residue from the spray would stick to the dogs' paws. They would then lick their paws injesting the chemical.

I sent an email to Proctor & Gamble asking if there was any truth to this, but have had no response in two months. There are so many of these products on the market now, it would be good to know whether or not they are harmful to not only our pets, but our kids that play on the floor.

I still use these sheets (the Clorox brand) as they are so handy for spot cleaning. But now, I go behind and rinse with a wet towel where I've used it just in case there is some truth to this story.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top