Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest contamination of a Diamond brand food, how many of you will be looking for a different brand on your next bag? I have used Diamond since day one as a pet owner. Back when I had a cat, I even used the Diamond cat formula. Recently I have been thinking about switching to a different food after reading some different things related to the brand (contamination articles, people's opinions, and even the scoring). With this latest issue and the vomitoxin, I think my mind is made up. I don't want to risk having those kinds of problems with either of my dogs. With that said, I have done some research lately on other foods. Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance foods, and the Royal Canin foods are the two I am leaning towards. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I just started to use the Missing Link supplement a few days ago. If you use Diamond and are going to switch, what are you going to switch to?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'm probably going to be switching, but I'm not sure what to right now. I've already switched Bella's food so many times. Remy was eating Pedigree when he came to us, and I took him off that right away...no transition...and he did fine. I've heard excellent things about Nature's Variety and might switch to that.

·
Banned
136 Posts
i am thinking of switching to Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance from Diamond Puppy

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Blockhead said:
i am thinking of switching to Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance from Diamond Puppy
Good choice. I've heard nothing but good things about DVP Natural Balance.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I have no clue ](*,) ](*,) My dogs do great on Diamond..but I dont want to put them at anymore risk or stress on me..

e

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know any approximate prices for these foods? I think I saw that the DVP was anywhere from $30-40 depending on where you find it, and that is only for a 33.5 lb. bag. Each bag of that is nearly twice the price of the Diamond and 6.5 lbs less per bag. Now I have two dogs, so switching to that would effectively quadruple my monthly dog food cost :shock: . The Nature's Variety looks like a pretty good food also. Any ideas of price and size for that? All of the foods listed so far can be found near me so that is a plus, but when I lived in Smalltown, USA I never saw any of these (Royal Canin exception).

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
At the speciality pet food store near me, a 30lb. bag of Nature's Variety Lamb and Oatmeal is about $42. The chicken and rice formula is the least expensive. I think that was $37.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i feed athority harvest baked
think it scored 116
good food and a good price
i got it at pet smart
only $29 for a 35 pound bag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts