Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most know Lucy has had an on going bladder infection. The vet told me to try a different food, just because this all started when I switched from Innova to the Go Natural, and because she might have small stones that they can't see in the ultra sound. So the only other food they have that is decent is the Wellness which I know is good, but its the Whitefish and sweet potato, has anyone tried that? It freakin' stinks, I'm switching her over gradually, it was a little bit cheaper then the Go Natural which I liked. :wink:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have no advice about this with dogs, but my cat had the same issue. He kept getting stones, and eventually got very backed up. When we took him to a vet, they told us that he needed to be on canned food for the rest of his life to prevent the stones from forming. We tried it, but the cat wouldnt have it, he didnt like the canned food :/ So, one of my husbands collegues has her vet. license, she does dog training, showing and breeding recommended purina (I know yuck) urinary tract formula. We have never had any issues of stones since. I have no idea if any dog food out there has a urinary tract formula or not. . . but it sure worked for the cat!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts