Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, got a quick question...
Can a female dog go into a sympathy heat??? The owners that we just purchased our 2 and a 1/2 year old boxer from said that she went into a heat about 2 weeks ago... but, there was no blood, apparently their other female went into a full blown heat, bled and all, ad they said that they saw signs with her going into heat but again no blood. Unfortanatley they had, had her less than 6 months and the breeders that they bought her from don't remember her last heat, so we are kind of at a loss. I do not plan to breed her, her first heat, I am working on her obedience title with her, she does have a few points behind her name in the confirmation ring (even with natural ears) but I would like to get her a title in the obedience ring as well before she has her 1st litter. I am just not sure when to expect her next heat, I have had a lot of people tell me that they tend to go in early fall and early spring, but then again from experience I know they can go 10 months between cycles. Any idea on this???

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would take her in for an exam. That doesn't sound right to me and if she's showing physical signs (discharge and swelling) without bleeding she may have an infection. Or she may be too early in her cycle to be bleeding yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thank you, she has a vet visit scheduled for early next week just as a check up, but I didn't want to sound stupid and bring this up and the vet think I am totally off my rocker... lol...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes a female dog can "push" another into heat! It happemed to my female(boxer) she went in her first heat at 11months and she "pushed" our chow into heat at the same time. And she(the chow) wasnt due into heat for another 2 months!! Its the same way with humans but I wont get into detail on that one lol Where in NY do you live? Id LOVE to see pics of your girl!! You can see mine at www.skyehighboxers.com As for heat cycles..... They can go in any where from 6-12 month cycles!!! I know some boxers who only go in oce a year!! But I agree you should take her to the vet and have her checked out

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in WNY waiting to get the pics developed and posted for everyone to see... I am looking into getting another boxer female that is 5 years old here in a week or two, and she is due into heat at the end of July, which means they may both go in it at the same time... Luckily they have both been cleared eyes and hips and heart and supposed to be bred to the same male... so well, he may get lucky!!! LOL :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts