Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! This is a pet peeve of mine...cookie time!

Everyone knows when it is cookie time in my house. They know the difference on where they are gonna get their cookies as well. Like in the morning, after pottying, them all come in and get in their onw individual cages and sit for cookies. In the after noon, they all know they dont have to get in their cages again, so they come to the kitchen and sit in front of me.

It has taken me a short time to teach them this and they do well, they also know to keep their mouths shut unless the cookie is ofered directly to them, in other words, they dont try to steal anothers cookie!

But Chocy grabs his cookie and catches my hand, every time. Everyone else knows "easy" he doesnt listen. At first I thought it was because of his massive over bite, he has to bite farther in to actually grasp something anyways, and maybe it was accidental.........but I dunno.

Last night he got me a good one. Didnt break the skin, but I was pissed. So I put everybody else up and worked with "easy" He got it!!But this is funny................

He would go to grab it undesirably at first, and Id pull it back and say "easy!" and try again. The poor dog, poor poor chocy, (he drools enormously!) started drooling for that cookie, but refused to take it!!I sat it on his nose and he still wouldn take it from me!

I was telling him easy, not NO!

Anyway, after feeling amazingly guilty all night long, this morning, I tested him, and he did just fine!!!

UGH!

·
Registered
81 Posts
You want a trick that will stop this without you ever having to yell or shout?

A friend taught me this. Hold your cookie with the hand turned round so your fingers and cookie are pointing back at you and the back of your hand is facing the dog. Place the back of you hand to his mouth and then turn the hand so you turn the cookie into his mouth. he will take it from you gentle as a baby 100% of the time.

Try it and see :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try it later!Hope it works!He seemed ok this a.m., but you never know! He gets excited!

I seriously think it is because of his short jaw. Man, it is sooo short on the bottem, that he even has a giant dimple/crease in it. He can pick nothing up flush!!! We have measured that his over bite sticks out 1 inch over his bottem teeth!

Poor baby!But boy can he drool, and he has these big hanging lips!!! Poor thing, but cute as hell!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Tora used to take your hand off if you had a treat, I taught her she can not take it with me saying "OK" it is awesome too becuase she won't take treats from other people bc she knows she has to wait for the "OK"
Craig's brother will feed her anything but we have not told him that you have to tell her ok or she won't take it :lol: I drop treats too so she won't eat just anything off the ground either, you have to point at it and give her premission to have it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts