Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But she's got a bad rash from the cast so she's got to wear her "crown" a bit longer:

The whole other side of her leg and foot looks like this:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rachel Zugg said:
Poor baby! Im new what happened to her leg?
BTW-she is such a pretty one! how old is she?
Thanks! She was attacked by an adult dog of about 75 pounds. He broke her leg, and she just got the cast off after 5 weeks. She's just over 7 months old, too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
YAY!!!! She has her cast off!!!! Even though she has the rash she must feal great to have her leg free!

How is she walking on it without the cast?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ouch, poor thing. Well its good to be one step closer to all healed. I hope she heals fast. She is sooo sweet :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Its so good to see her without the cast on, poor girl has that rash. Did they say how long it would take for it to clear up?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Congrats to getting the cast off. You can ship her down to my house so she can heal but i won't give her back. I love Ms Tala.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yay...no cast!!! Does she seemed relieved it is off or id she too distracted now by the dreaded cone? I bet she feels much better...was the rash from rubbing or was it a reaction to the cast? I hope it goes away soon for her so she can enjoy her new freedom!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Yay! I'm glad she finally got her cast off. I'm sure she feels so much better, despite the rash. That spot on her foot looks more like a hot-spot from rubbing than a rash. Maybe it's just the photo?

How's she walking?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
augrad said:
Yay! I'm glad she finally got her cast off. I'm sure she feels so much better, despite the rash. That spot on her foot looks more like a hot-spot from rubbing than a rash. Maybe it's just the photo?

How's she walking?
Yeah, she's got lots of raw spots on the joint and around the ankle, and her poor little toes are very red and inflamed. It looks so much better today than when they first took the cast off though. She's not putting much pressure on the leg. When she's standing, she doesn't put any pressure on it, but when she's walking or trotting she uses it. From behind I can see just how much muscle she's lost in that leg; it's thin compared to the other.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Boy does she look discussed with that collar! Her leg looks pretty good, considering she had the cast for as long as she did. She do fine as soon as the stiffness is gone, but she'll always be protective of that leg. Good luck!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Aww, she looks pretty relaxed and happy that the cast is off though. The sores will heal up quickly, did the vet mention putting anything on it? Perhaps neosporin to speed of the recovery.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ambulldogpup said:
Aww, she looks pretty relaxed and happy that the cast is off though. The sores will heal up quickly, did the vet mention putting anything on it? Perhaps neosporin to speed of the recovery.
Nah, there's really nothing to put on it. I could use neosporin, but I don't like using that because most of them have pain killer in them. Plus neosporin causes lots of dirt to collect when she's outside. I did get some bitter apple, which surprisingly works with her. She eats the most horrid things, so I thought it wouldn't phase her, but she really hates it.

As soon as I took the e-collar off her today she got the zoomies and crashed into the kitchen cabinet after sliding down the linoleum. I gotta watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't re-break that bone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts