Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so nervous about him getting neutered on Friday. I know he will be fine but I am still a worried Mama. He will go in at 7 AM on Friday and then I will pick him up Saturday after 9 AM. His runt sister Bella got fixed today. So that will only leave Roxy to get fixed. Then we are going to enroll all of them classes at Petsmart. Not sure how soon after but I would like to do it ASAP! Tanner is going to be so big that he is going to need to be trained. I am sure he is over 50 or 60 pounds now. And he was just 5 months old on Saturday. But I went ahead and waited until 5 months to get him done instead of 4 months. My vet starts doing them at 4 months. I hope he does okay. I am going to go ahead and get pain meds for him to bring home. They are only 15 or 20 dollars extra. Altogeher it is only going to cost me around 80-85 dollars. I love our vet! They are good and they are CHEAP! So please keep Tanner in your thoughts on Friday. I know I will be a nervous wreck until I see him on Saturday!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I wanted to do it on Friday so I could have all weekend to watch him. I wonder if he will have a cone to wear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Hemi just had his stitches removed today, he did not need to cone at all, never noticed the stiches were even in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question. It has been awhile since our dog Molly got fixed and Faith had been fixed for awhile before we got her, so my question is, will we have to take him back to get the stitches removed? I know we had to take Molly back after her surgery but we got her from the humane society so she still had to get some shots. So I can't remember if they also removed stitches or just looked at the incision and then gave her shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
I'm sure everything will be fine. Just remember, he'll be happier in the long run. When we got Chopper neutered he was woozy when we picked him up. No cone, only if he licked the incision too much, which he didn't. We only had to give him one dose of pain meds and that was on the night he came home. After that, you'd never know anything happened to him! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kasco said:
I'm sure everything will be fine. Just remember, he'll be happier in the long run. When we got Chopper neutered he was woozy when we picked him up. No cone, only if he licked the incision too much, which he didn't. We only had to give him one dose of pain meds and that was on the night he came home. After that, you'd never know anything happened to him! :D
I know it is better for him and the over pet population. But still worried as a mom! LOL I will just be glad when it is all over with.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,961 Posts
You know there used to be a time that farmers just did the neutering themselves to the dog. Just another day on the farm. I am sure he will be fine - not as big a thing as having the females spayed. Wish him all the best and let us know how he is when you pick him up. Just make sure to get the meds that will keep him sleepy for a day :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gazar said:
You know there used to be a time that farmers just did the neutering themselves to the dog. Just another day on the farm. I am sure he will be fine - not as big a thing as having the females spayed. Wish him all the best and let us know how he is when you pick him up. Just make sure to get the meds that will keep him sleepy for a day :D
I'm assuming that is the pain meds? If so, he will bring some home. His sister Bella was done yesterday and my mother in law picked her up today and they sent her home 3 days worth of pain meds because she is such a wiggly butt and they were afraid she was going to hurt herself. So Tanner is the same way so he will probally get 3 days worth also. Plus they do use the stitches that dissolve so he won't have to have them removed. But she said her cut is small and looks good.

I can't imagine doing it myself! :shock:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,961 Posts
Faith Marie said:
gazar said:
You know there used to be a time that farmers just did the neutering themselves to the dog. Just another day on the farm. I am sure he will be fine - not as big a thing as having the females spayed. Wish him all the best and let us know how he is when you pick him up. Just make sure to get the meds that will keep him sleepy for a day :D
I'm assuming that is the pain meds? If so, he will bring some home. His sister Bella was done yesterday and my mother in law picked her up today and they sent her home 3 days worth of pain meds because she is such a wiggly butt and they were afraid she was going to hurt herself. So Tanner is the same way so he will probally get 3 days worth also. Plus they do use the stitches that dissolve so he won't have to have them removed. But she said her cut is small and looks good.

I can't imagine doing it myself! :shock:

Yes, it is the pain meds. I don't think he will be in that much pain, but it is good to keep them quiet for a few days so that the stitches can take hold. I wouldn't want to do it myself either, but my father and uncle, both who were from Maine, neutered my male cat when I was a kid.
:pale:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay its happening tomorrow! I am so wanting this to be over with!!! I know he will do fine but I just can't stop thinking about it all. Please remember little Tanner tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
He'll be back to his old self by Sunday & you'll be wishing he would've had a couple of quiet days so you could've had some rest. Nonetheless, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you & him. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so much. I tend to worry more then I need to when it comes to my babies! :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far fine but his surgery is not until tomorrow morning. I drop him off at 7 in the morning and then he will stay overnight and I will go pick him up at 9 AM Saturday morning. I wonder if anyone stays up there during the night with them. I hope so. How do they make sure he is okay if no one is there? Okay here I go ago freaking out. I hadn't even thought about this. :( Do they HAVE to stay the night? Or does this depend on your vet? Our vet is WONDERFUL and I know will take good care of him but I'm not sure if anyone will be there overnight or not. ((((((((SIGH))))))))))))
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,961 Posts
Faith Marie said:
So far fine but his surgery is not until tomorrow morning. I drop him off at 7 in the morning and then he will stay overnight and I will go pick him up at 9 AM Saturday morning. I wonder if anyone stays up there during the night with them. I hope so. How do they make sure he is okay if no one is there? Okay here I go ago freaking out. I hadn't even thought about this. :( Do they HAVE to stay the night? Or does this depend on your vet? Our vet is WONDERFUL and I know will take good care of him but I'm not sure if anyone will be there overnight or not. ((((((((SIGH))))))))))))

Good luck Tanner, we will see you Saturday. Not all dogs stay overnight. Some vets prefer this if there is a complication. Ask your vet if Tanner needs to do this and if anyone is with them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Good Luck Tanner..dun da dun dun...the time has come..your goin in..

e
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we dropped him off this morning. And yes I am a big baby, I was crying. :oops: And to top it off, when we were getting him out of his crate to go into the vets, he did something to his back left paw. I think he broke a nail but not sure. So it was bleeding and he got blood on my sandals. So I asked her to make sure they fix that. I asked about someone staying there and they said they have someone that goes in 3 times during the night to check on all of the animals. So I guess that is better then none at all. But she said he will probally just sleep most of the day today and tonight. So thank for remembering him today. I'm not sure when they will do it. For as far as know he could be in now. We dropped him off at 7 but they don't open the office for appointments until 8. Any ideas on what could have happened to his nail? If it broke or spilt what do they do?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top