Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took Tanner to get his last shots today for a year and he weighs 40 pounds! He will be 4 months old August 9th. He had loose stools last night so they tried to get a stool sample but were not able so they went ahead and gave me the same medicine pills they put him on last time and then a liquid wormer to use for 3 days. He also got his first rabies shots also. They said we could get him neutered at anytime. But from what I read on here, I will probally wait until he is at least 6 months old for that. I can not believe he is 40 pounds! I woke up this morning to the house stinking like sh**. He sleeps in his crate at night and so I guess he had loose bm's during the night at sometime and it was all over his crate and all over him. So I had to take the crate outside and clean it out and then let him inside and give him 2 baths. He still smells like it some. GROSS! The joys of having puppies. He is starting to walk on his leash more since we got him a harness but I couldn't let him wear the harness to the vet since he had it on last night while in his crate. So it will have to be washed. The vet said today she thinks he is a St. Bernard mix. But the other vet we see sometimes thinks lab mix. So who knows. Since he is 40 pounds at less then 4 months, how much do you guys think he will weigh at adult age?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
hard to say with mixes. But Orson grew VERY fast for the first 6-7 months,
he was probabally 40 at 4 months cause at 7 1/2 months he was 70 pds.
He hasn't gained much weight since then, he's only 75 or so now and 14 1/2 months, but
he's getting wide and muscley.

Orson was 9 months when he was neutered and only reason we did it then was he got dog-aggressive.
Thought that would help, it didn't. :(
I heard to wait 1-2 years on bulldogs cause their heads would stop growing if neutered too young..dont know
if it is true or not? :?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I heard that the general rule is to double their weight at about 4 months to give you their adult weight. So I'm guessing your dog will be about 75-80 pounds.

Poor guy, I hope his diarrhea gets better. Sounds messy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts