Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think that's what is making my pup stink. :shock:

could this be possible? As i was eating dinner on Friday, i petted her face and noticed she was wet in her folds..... then when my hand got near my nose it ranked to high heaven.

i've washed them with baby wipes and put vasoline on them, is this correct?

thanks in advance for your advice :wink:

·
Registered
623 Posts
There are some other post on here about tear stains, you may want to search the topic. My AB has bad tear stains and yep sometimes they can smell. I have been using Hydrogen Peroxide, just put it on a cotton ball and wipe the stain. Be careful not to get it in the eyes. It is not he best at removing them, but it does help a little. If you notice any yellow gunk or stuff, he may have an infection. I am going to try putting apple cider vinegar in his water. I read on one of the post that it helps. I will let you know. Good luck, if you find that miracle cure let me know.

Never mind I did it: Here are some post -
http://bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=3657&highlight=tear+stains

http://bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=3262&highlight=tear+stains

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Coco

thanks, i'll try that tonight.

my doesn't seem to have the stain itself but more of the smell. i read in a bulldog book yesterday that the tear stains could cause a "red yeast infection" which has a terrible odor.

has anyone ever experienced the odor with the stain on here?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
crackerbull said:
dont quote me on this but look into it-i heard that you can give tums to change the ph in the dogs system...good luck...rs
I heard this too. I think it's tums with calcium??? Also heard about the apple cider vinegar. Not sure if either works though.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I heard that you put a little apple cider vinegar in their drinking water. I don't know if it works though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts