Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chester my 3yr 9mth old Staffy has always been fine in the back garden. With 6ft fence all round, he does bark when he hears things, but will come straight in when called...until last week! Our neighbours have got a new dog, we found out when it was in their garden. Chester went to the fence, snarling like a mad dog, wouldn't listen to us. The other dog was barking back, but didn't sound as bad. Eventually got them both inside. but it happens everytime. I'm sure this is a territory issue, but what can I do to stop it, any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It may look ugly, but I put up sheets of plywood on the fence so my dogs and the neighbors dog can no longer see each other between the boards. It hasn't stopped the fence fighting completely, but it has definately helped. I guess you could always paint a mural on the plywood to make it look nicer if you wanted too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, will have to go shopping for plywood, not much of an artist, so good job I'm not too fussed about how the fence looks. Think it would look worse with a mural lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my plywood up at the fence, it's a definite improvement. There is still a bit of barking etc, but nothing like as bad. for your help. Elaine[/img]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts