Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a couple weeks ago I posted that Willy jumped the fence and the bug zapper drives him insane. He really goes nuts. Normally he is the most calm and loving dog. But now this is just getting annoying Nothing seems to bother him, but the neighbors bug zapper sets him off, drives at the fence and pulls, whines, and barks. I am trying to work with him a few min at a time, but now he won't even go to the bathroom outside at night when it is on, but either he does not hear it or it doesn't bother him in the house I plan to ask them to keep it off at night or when they are not outside but do any of you have any suggestions about this or experiences close that can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but if it drives him that nuts why leave it on?
Sit outside with him and ignore it...But I don't see the sense in forcing a dog to get over it if whatever "it" is ...Is not needed? If you all are sitting out there put him in the house and turn it on, maybe he will want to join the fun and forget about the zapper....If not then he can sit inside and pout

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
angie7349 said:
Sit outside with him and ignore it...But I don't see the sense in forcing a dog to get over it if whatever "it" is ...Is not needed? If you all are sitting out there put him in the house and turn it on, maybe he will want to join the fun and forget about the zapper....If not then he can sit inside and pout
I believe he said it's in the neighbors yard, so he can't exactly make them turn it off... :wink:

KUWOP : I agree with you as far as seeing if they'll keep it off unless they're actually outside - other than that - I don't have any other advice...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
angie7349 said:
I believe he said it's in the neighbors yard, so he can't exactly make them turn it off... :wink:

KUWOP : I agree with you as far as seeing if they'll keep it off unless they're actually outside - other than that - I don't have any other advice...
LOL you are right!!!
Since it is your neighbors zapper go outside and have a GRAND TIME of course with your dog watching ignore him and the zapper...Maybe he will want to join the fun but make it look like the best time you and the family ever had...Bring toys treats play his favorite game

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
angie7349 said:
LOL you are right!!!
Since it is your neighbors zapper go outside and have a GRAND TIME of course with your dog watching ignore him and the zapper...Maybe he will want to join the fun but make it look like the best time you and the family ever had...Bring toys treats play his favorite game

Thanks for the ideas, But having fun is not an option for him he just wants to go get the thing. Since it is high up in a tree and he can not investigate you think getting a small one of my own and letting him sniff it out and see it up close might help?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That could work...Good idea

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah I would try getting a small one just to let him see that it is no big deal... but as far as turning off the bug zapper they say you should keep them on almost 24/7 in order to kill the bugs and break up the breeding cycle.... I know ours is on all the time day and night..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wizworx said:
Yeah I would try getting a small one just to let him see that it is no big deal... but as far as turning off the bug zapper they say you should keep them on almost 24/7 in order to kill the bugs and break up the breeding cycle.... I know ours is on all the time day and night..
Thansk i didn't know that, I thougth they were more for atraction away from people

1 - 10 of 10 Posts