Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i paid AUS$75 for the Furminator and started using it on Patch over the weekend.
For those of you who don't know, its a comb like object that gets rid of pet hair (the dead hair under the surface).
go to www.furminator.com and see the demonstrations.... amazing.
anyways, it is FABULOUS... i couldn't believe the amount of hair we got out of patch!
the problem is... he HATES it, and won't sit still!
i had to get the hubby to hold him down while i used it...
he is STILL shedding though... and there's still white needle hair all over my rug... but i am HOPING with time the shedding will become less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEE I HOPE SO!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Hi, you have to make sure you get out as much hair as possible during each session for best results. I take around 30 minutes to fully furminate an average sized lab for example. The shedding will dramatically improve with time. The reason why your dog doesn't like it is because dogs who have less fat find it uncomfortable. I would maybe be a little gentler with the furminator and get a good amount of fur out first with a Zoom groom. They're pretty inexpensive, $5 US, and they have rubber nubs that you pretty much rub your dog with (like you are scratching his back). We do that in the grooming salon and then use the furminator.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OrsonDogge said:
I saw the furminator at petsmart but didnt think it would work on Orson
since it says it is for undercoats.
Didnt think his hair was long enough to use it.
Can you use it on bully breed coats???
Yes you can use it on bully breeds!
it worked on Patch! Even short haired breeds have an undercoat!
I couldn't believe the amount of hair I got out of him!!!!!!

I would highly recommend it.

I am going to persist with it and follow PitBullRoyalty's advice and use a zoom groom first. I have one of those... it's like a rubber mitten, with rubber bristles?

The only thing is, i gotta get my husband to hold him down for half an hour (which is impossible without sedation!)... so good luck to me!!!! But i WILL persist... i am SO over vacuuming my entire house every second day!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TANKIE WANKIE said:
Yes it does work on bully breeds.i use mine on my eb and it works great.i use it like 2 times a week and i see alot of improvement
ooohh Tank is just adorable!!! what a big bungle of wrinkles!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OrsonDogge said:
So there is only one style furminator brush?
Id hate to get the wrong one.
I use the zoom groom rubber brush...seems like i could brush
Orson forever and hair would still come out using that. :?
there are three sizes available!
i got medium for Patch... i'd say you would need a large?!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
If Patch wont sit still, try putting him up on something. Maybe the top of his kennel with a towel for traction, up on the patio table, workbench in the garage, bed of the truck... something that he knows hes not in control, and has to focus on the task at hand... ie, grooming. =) If he is still wiggly up there, give him something super yummy delicious that he cant tear himself away from, and he will forget all about you raking him.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CowBella said:
If Patch wont sit still, try putting him up on something. Maybe the top of his kennel with a towel for traction, up on the patio table, workbench in the garage, bed of the truck... something that he knows hes not in control, and has to focus on the task at hand... ie, grooming. =) If he is still wiggly up there, give him something super yummy delicious that he cant tear himself away from, and he will forget all about you raking him.
AHHH great suggestion! i will definately try this one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.