Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we'll be keeping the little beggar as long as the owners do not come FW with in 10 days. I've put calls into the local shelters and if someone calls about him, they will call us. Someone dropped a flyer on our porch that looked like it could be the owners. I called it is not. I called AC 1st though cuz I didn't want to turn the lil guy over to someone who was not careing for him. They said I would have to turn him over to them, and the call the guy and tell him his dog was at the AC (IF it was his dog.) I said no thanks, if it's not his dog we're planning to keep him. She did say that after 10 days of him being here, (and the owners are not found) he's leaglly ours. So we will add him to our vet plan after the 10 days.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Get him to the groomer for a haircut and he'll be good as new! Uh-oh, you've started making banners of him....it's all over now! LOL :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL he's had a bath and my daughter's poor attempt at cutting away matted fur. LOL I told her it was ok though becuase he needed to get it off there, and if she messed up too badly, it would grow back. There is still one matted place that's almost right up on the skin. We didn't want to mess with it. That's best for groomers to do.

My husband said.. we gotta take him to the groomers so we can see what he is suposed to look like. :lol: :shock: LOL

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
How did you find the owners? Or how did they find you? I'd be asking some serious questions...like how long he was missing...because if he hasn't been gone that long and he was in that kind of condition...well, I don't think I'd be very nice :evil:

So sorry you're having to give him up. I hope it's a happy reunion...you've done a good thing!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mom to many said:
How did you find the owners? Or how did they find you? I'd be asking some serious questions...like how long he was missing...because if he hasn't been gone that long and he was in that kind of condition...well, I don't think I'd be very nice :evil:

So sorry you're having to give him up. I hope it's a happy reunion...you've done a good thing!

YOU BET YA!!!! I'm getting myself ready to fuss nicely. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I found a flyer on my porch this morning. I called- they called back. Got the name and such right. (The name was not on the flyer) I asked ARE HIS SHOTS UP TODATE? he said yeah. I said well u bring his shot records so i can see it's your dog!! I will also let him know that if we see him out again-- we're letting AC come get him and he can pay a bundle to get him back!!! And face court and fines and everything else.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I thought you said though above that a flyer was placed on your porch that could be him and you called but it wasn't him??? Is this the same flyer/person? I would definitely ask for some kind of proof that this is in fact there dog.
Keep us UPDATED.I want to know what happened.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry.. yes the same flyer... his ant answered the phone and she has a nick name for him.

I am postivie this is the owner because.... their last name is not a usual last name and i didn't not say it when i called. I couldn't pronounce it if i tried to.

My daughter is heart broken. :cry: She talked to "daddy" on the phone, he said we'll see what we can do about maybe adopting a small dog for her.

These people live in our neighborhood... so we will be able to keep an eye out. and we can see if she can go visit.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
If his hair was matted really badly then you could have taken pictures and have proof of an animal abuse case. Also, shouldn't he get a fine for letting his dog run loose? Atleast in my town, there is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ambulldogpup said:
If his hair was matted really badly then you could have taken pictures and have proof of an animal abuse case. Also, shouldn't he get a fine for letting his dog run loose? Atleast in my town, there is.

I had a long conv. with AC this morning about the fines and so on and how to do it (before I called and didn't know they were the owners) She said the only way to do it would be to surrender (me) the dog to them, and they would take care of it that way. However I wouldn't be able to keep the lil guy and he'd be in their pin and so on.... I just didn't wanna "send" him there ya know with out knowing for sure that these were the right people.

If I see him out again... I will take him here... call AC let them know who's dog it is and that they tags are out of date and so on... and they will have to take care of it that way. And go to court and pay fines and so on. ( he said they are going to take care of the tags tomorrow) I wonder if AC will do a follow up on that?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow, what a whirlwind. Im sorry your daughter is heartbroken over it, and obviously those people arent taking very good care of their dog! I hope it all turns out o.k. What did Buddy think of another dog in the house?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buddy was ok with it, I think he enjoyed having a friend. I talked with AC yesterday-- they said they can do a check in on him and make sure they DID update shots/tags and so on. But then they would KNOW I called, so I said to her.. If i see that toothless little chawwawa out... I'll call them and use that as an excuse. They have a chawwawa they let out ALL the time!!! :evil: If I had known he was THEIR dog... I'd a let AC come get him so that he would at least have to pay fines and what not, as well as being FORCED to get his shots utd. I told them that if they can not afford a groomer and a cut bring him to us and my daughter will do it. It's not the "best" cut ever, but at least his fur wouldn't be all matted and nasty.

After the lil scruffy guy went home- we had a family meeting, and decided that we will allow my daughter (the family too) to adopt a small dog from a shelter. Not sure yet what- but we'll look until we find one we can all agree on. My daughter will be the "main" caregiver, but it will also be done as a family. (I know that as her parents an addition will be our responsability) My daughter says she'd like to have a little cuddle bug lap dog. So we will see what we can find for her.

I am going to have her do some research, and look through petfinder. I think the experience of the research and hunt for the 'right fit' will do her some good as well as teach her how to find a pet when she's an adult for her own family. I won't allow her to tell me "I want him/her because he's sooo cute!!" She will have to give me detials of the breed/breeds and what she likes also what she dislikes about that breed/breeds. So something good may come of it after all. :D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sounds like an excellent idea letting her do the research! Sorry the little guy had to go back to his sucky owners, but everything happens for a reason right? ;) Looking forward to seeing the newest addition to your household.

On a side note ~ did they even tell you thank you for taking such wonderful care of their dog?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah they said thanks and handed me $50.00 :shock: I tried not to take it. But they insisted. I just thought how odd is that??? There wasn't a reward on the flier. I was more concerned with fussing at them to take care of him.

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
So sorry you could not keep the little guy, but do keep your eye out as he may be out again. If people do not take care of their dog - they do not change. Give your daughter an extra hug.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.