Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor little girl. Yesterday morning, she didn't want her breakfast, but she did steal a couple of bites from one of the other dog's bowls, so I didn't worry. Then at dinner time, she wouldn't touch anything. Within about an hour, she was heaving, trying to throw up, which she did all night and this morning. She only managed to bring anything up about three times, always just frothy liquid. Yellow the first time, and clear the next two (I think because I forced some water into her). So basically now, she hasn't eaten in 38 hours, and she has been vomiting for 14.

:cry: Poor baby. I have no idea what this could be. She's at the vet now. :cry:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
How old is she? I'm sure you're familiar with this, but those are the signs my pup showed when he ended up having parvo. I'll keep her in my thoughts & prayers... :(

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's about 12 weeks. She's not vomiting enough for parvo - with that, they vomit HUGE amounts - and there's no diarreah. Plus, she's been with me for 12 days now, so if she picked it up before she came to me, she would have gotten sick before now. At least this is what all I'm telling myself. :( She already wasn't eating, but she didn't start vomiting until after I gave her her DA2PPV last night. So I'm wondering if that didn't aggravate whatever was already bothering her.

:cry: Poor thing. They have her in isolation at the vet. She HATES being alone. :cry:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That's a good thing then, if it's not parvo that is. That was the hardest thing for me too...when we would go visit Koda he would be in a cage in the back all by himself...it was so depressing. :cry: I hope she gets better soon...

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about that too. But she wasn't eating before that. I hope that's all it is, though.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just called and they hadn't examined her yet (she was a drop-off, no appointment). They said that she had not vomited since she had been there. The problem is that she's only vomited a couple of times, but she has tried to bring something up a dozen times or more.

I'm off work in 10 minutes, so I will go by on my way home.

:cry:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Bella had a very small amount of coccidia (intestinal parasites.) She didn't get sick like Munchkin did, though. The vet caught it during one of her vaccination series. She got a some medication - Albon, I think it was - and was fine.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that's what they gave me, too. My main worry now is that it is contagious, and I have 6 dogs here. :?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Have you been cleaning up her poop as soon as she eliminates? I think it's only contagious through fecal matter.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most of her poops have been in the house :shock: , so yes, I've definitely been picking it up. :wink:

We're working on it.........

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yikes!! I think as long as the other dogs don't eat her poop or step in it then lick their paws, they should be just fine. I don't know how Bella got it...possibly from her mom. We did have a lot of rabbits hanging out in our backyard last spring/summer, though, and I know dogs can catch parasites from rabbit poop.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
How is little "Munchkin" doing. Hope she is feeling better. Give her hugs from Clara & me. :D

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She does feel better, thanks. She was dehydrated, so they gave her subcutaneous fluids and her fist dose of Albon while she was there. By the time I got her home, she was feeling tons better - ready to eat and play. :flower:

She has to get the Albon for 20 days. :roll: But at least she will get better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts