Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She looks 10x better than she did when she first came to live with me. Her fur is still thin in some spots, but it's all growing back in and looking great.

We gave her a good bath last night and I took her to see my friend Amber, she loves Sassy to death and the feeling is mutual. Sassy has already learned the hand signals for sit, down and come!

WOOF WOOF

Do I look pretty?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)

I just noticed that it looks like she doesn't have but one back leg, she just blends in to everything lol.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Wow she does look 100x better. She is very pretty. Glad to hear that she is learning fast. Keep the good work up.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you debs. We finally got all of those black spots out of her fur, it looked alot like grease and it was a pain in the butt to get out. But after a few baths it started getting lighter and now it's completely gone.

I think Amber is more into Sassy than I am, she's always calling me and seeing if I'm gonna be walking Sassy by her house or bringing her over. It's good to have a few friends who are into animals like I am!

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Awwww, she looks great! Not only does her coat look shiny and healthy, she LOOKS happy and healthy...must be all that good love she's getting from you! :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mom to many :) She's a spoiled lil girl, she's extremely vocal too! That's her only problem sometimes, she'll start barking non-stop that's her way of getting my attention I guess :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great Dane? I have never seen a solid white one, she is beautiful. They are such a pretty breed. Tiny little things too. :wink:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good ole Great Dane. The white ones are considered kinda "rare" I guess, no one ever breeds em cause it's not in the breed standard plus they usually come out deaf, blind or both.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments!

cannon said:
That's good that she is doing so much better! She looks great. Is there a standard for giving hand signals?
I'm not sure I know what you mean...?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well other than the obvious stay and down, is there a standard for teaching deaf dogs sign commands? We had concerns that Mo may lose his hearing early on, but we just winged it and made up our own signals for our commands.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Interesting question. I think we should start a new thread in Training & Obediance. I use almost the same as stop, but thumb facing me for sit.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh okay!

I really don't think there is a standard for it, cause most people do it in a way they feel comfortable or what best for that dog.

I'm horrible with explaining how to do it. But when we want Sassy to do a down, we take our hand (palm up) and just flip our hand over, and then she does a down.

If we want her to come, we take our hand (palm out) and bring it toward us.

Etc etc, I'll see if I can find a link or something that discusses it more. I'm just doing it the way I learned when I did classes at Petsmart, we learned how both vocal and hand commands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts