Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New pics of the most recent OBB (Old Boston Bulldogge) additions, thought I'd share.

Q's doing well too, i'll have some new photos of him in a week when I take him for a visit to O'Klassic's. Taking some new photos for their website since he's co-owned.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: I am really stoked on my new chocolate boy. He's growing so thick and big for an OBB and I love his color! Neither myself nor Cathie at O'Klassic's have ever seen a solid chocolate OBB before! He's unique that's for sure...lots of people wanted him, people even drove up from the states and other breeders were asking for him but he's all mine.. :lol: gotta keep the best ones close and part of the 'camp' :)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Absublutly adorable.I agree the brown coloring is great.
I just love his look.
You are a lucky guy :wink:
Did you move yet, if so how did it go?
BTW, were is my boy Diablo :wink:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnks, I think he's awesome. these two are brother + sister as well. Roxy also carries the red (dilute) gene (as does Q). They are both related to Q through their dam who is Q's grand-dam. If they turn out to be great dogs, (which they should as they were the pick of the litter from O'Klassic), then I will be breeding Q (who is co-owned with O'Klassic) to Roxy - which was strongly recommended. But that is all a long time away from now. But the plan is that I will be acting as part of an extended program and will be working tightly with them. If for any reason they are deemed as unworthy of being bred, they will be culled from the program, fixed and placed in pet-homes.

I haven't moved yet, I'm late, currently renting two places which really sucks, but I had a project to complete before I took the time off to move, so I am moving this coming week now. The place is all fixed up and ready, thanks to my girlfriend who is already down there. I am so anxious to move, I'm going to have tons of space for the pups. I plan on staying there until the dogs mature and then I am getting some acreage in the area so I can build my kennel. I also have two more american bulldog pups coming this fall as well from out west. It's going to be busy times! But the girlfriend will be around to help me ( she is currently a stay at home mom and employed by me ) and I also work from home so luckily we will be able to handle it. If I didn't work from home there's no way I would have ventured into this! Lots of time/effort/money that will be going into the dawgies.

Diablo will hopefully start his training soon too. I will be bringing him for evaluation at the club down there and I am fairly confident that he will take to it like a natural. The only thing I worry about is starting his training-level OB at his age, which should be OK but a little harder than if he were a young pup still. He's good though, decent OB so far, super confident and a really outgoing demeanor and amazing rock solid temperment, so I am almost gauranteed he will take well to the training. I can tell he's something special. If for some reason he's not cut out for SchH (bulldogs are really an alternative breed for this sport, so it is actually really hard to find one cut out for it) then I still plan on showing him and training him, prepare him for Irondog (IDT) by getting his GDT and also training him for WP (to compete in IDWP). He's shown tremendous willingness to work and to please and he loves to pull. I have to get him trained to pull completely on his own without any encouragement or bait and then he should be ready to compete. Freggin dogs...I swear they take up most of my time and sometimes I feel like I only work part time lol

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
420puffer said:
Nice! What is the difference between them and boston terriers? They look almost identical.. OBB looks stockier
Here's a bit of info on them:

"Imagine having a Boston.... who is free of the health problems that all too often show up in this breed - respiratory problems, incomplete eye socket, birthing problems...to name just a few. Our Olde Boston Bulldogge lines come from a dedicated specialty breeder, Charles McCaughin (now deceased) who spent years of careful breeding to develop dogs that were more along the lines of the classic Bostons of the early 1900's. The dogs that he developed were brought back to the standards of the American Kennel Clubs 1935 Book of Dogs. Among other things, our dogs have better bone structure - they now have an improved nose - the turbinate bones unfold so that they do not have the snorting and breathing problems; their eyes are back in a complete socket; they do not have the birthing problems. They have been bred to the natural standard of being their own best selves. Charles passed some of his knowledge on to us, and we are committed to keeping his legacy alive with the help of the girls and boys that we were fortunate enough to get from his kennel."

and the OBB standard as registered with the IOEBA:

http://www.ioeba.net/ioebaOBBbreedstandard.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts