Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok these are from today we took them to the grand opening of our new petco store. But the amazing thing is while we were there
a carload of handicapped people came into the store when they say the pups they asked if they were friendly and I said yes at that point a crowd of them gather around my two , Halo and spirit imedaily sat down did not even try to jump up they just stayed there nice and calm and let everyone gather and pat them it was just like therapy dogs LOL and thats what we are shooting for and they haven't been trained for it yet so this was a good test for them and they passed .

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
They are such good boys! =D> BOY oh BOY have they grown into GREAT looking dogs too! You should be very proud, you did a great job with them.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You all I put a lot of time into them daily though lot or work but its fun and well worth it in the end.
I am pround of them they have come so far from the little puppy terrors they once were LOL , But they grew up so fast.
almost a year now another 2 months. And they still never cease to amaze me LOL

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Sue they look great.I cant get over how big they have gotten.Thats's great how well they did at the store today,says a lot about them and how well you have done training them. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I consider myself very lucky to have the time to do it with them My kids are all grown so and I am able to be home so I can put the work and time into them thats why I took on both. If I had to work then it would have been a different story I would not have been able to do what I am doing now. So I am glad for that plus I gotta say they are easier than kids sometimes they don't talk back LOL

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That is too funny my boss keeps tell me not to have kids just be happy with my dogs...After dealing with her kids last week I am considering it LOL....But that is awesome that they did so well with everyone!!! How do you go about training them for that

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
angie7349 said:
That is too funny my boss keeps tell me not to have kids just be happy with my dogs...After dealing with her kids last week I am considering it LOL....But that is awesome that they did so well with everyone!!! How do you go about training them for that
I have a trainer who does it she has all the equipment that hospitals and nursing homes have to get them use to it and she has peole put on shalls in wheel chairs and mocks everything that would happen and the dogs are trained that way in it. she also does the testing for good citizens cert. My start that training in about 6 weeks with her. she is really good they run them through it all so they get use to it. They have to have good nerves and temperaments to do it cause they even drop books behind them loud nooises and yelling
and they have to stay calm cause you never know what you find in these places. But its a good thing for them [/quote]

·
Registered
735 Posts
way to go boys! :D I am sure you are very proud of them! :D they sure are handsome! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts