Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

The white fawn

2K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Managirl 
#1 ·
This little thing was so dang cute, and actually very sweet. I just wanted to share, I've NEVER seen a white one before.

See less See more
#4 ·
We really don't know, we haven't seen any deer around that much. But my friend lives right next to a field and a busy highway so people are always hitting deer with their cars :(

We saw him just roaming around near my friends house, and we didn't want him to be killed by a dog or hit by a car so we opened up the fence and put some food in a bowl. I don't know if people would think we did the right thing by sorta taking him in and taking care of him, but it was one of those things...we just couldn't let a baby deer fend for himself.

#6 ·
Well that explains why you don't see them that much. I'm gonna call my friend in a couple hrs and tell him about calling the zoo or maybe another wildlife foundation, that's close enough to drive to.

He's such a sweet little thing, my friend called me up last night and said he was following him around the house :lol: He was up most of the night watching him and taking him outside, basically like a dog.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Beetle said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Lisas1 said:
Thats funny I got those exact pictures in an e-mail a couple of months ago :-k http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/albinodeer.asp
Busted! :lol:
I don't get it. Is this post a joke, or fake, or what?
I'm not really sure. It sounds like LIDP's friend is just pulling his leg with this whole story! According to Snopes, those pictures have been circulating since last year.
LIDP said he saw him roaming and put food out for him, so I don't know what the purpose of this whole thread is. :scratch:

#18 ·
Beetle said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Beetle said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Lisas1 said:
Thats funny I got those exact pictures in an e-mail a couple of months ago :-k http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/albinodeer.asp
I'm not really sure. It sounds like LIDP's friend is just pulling his leg with this whole story! According to Snopes, those pictures have been circulating since last year.
LIDP said he saw him roaming and put food out for him, so I don't know what the purpose of this whole thread is. :scratch:
Ahh...I totally missed the "we" part. Now I'm super confused. :lol:

#19 ·
Yeah I got these photos in an email MONTHS ago.

Very cute, but this thread is a good lesson on why you can believe very little anyone tells you online.

Pants on fire, OP!

#20 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Beetle said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Beetle said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Lisas1 said:
Ahh...I totally missed the "we" part. Now I'm super confused. :lol:
In short it was a fib, a "white" lie, a non truth. how sad, if you wanted to share the photos why not simply say something like duh.............. check out these photos. No need to lie didn't you ever learn when you were little that if you tell one lie you gotta tell another and then another?

#23 ·
Uhhh...did I see the word "Moderator" in this person's sig?

Yep...there it is.

I stopped "telling stories" when I graduated from the 3rd grade. Good to know you help run things around here (or maybe you're not a mod here and you just thought it looked cool in your sig...would fit the profile you've just created for yourself, I suppose). :roll:

#25 ·
OK, I feel compelled to say something. I do know James outside of this forum. At his defense, he has been very open about his bipolar depression and use of psych meds, and history of strange hallucinogenic and paranoid side effects. Not to mention is home life is f-ing crap. His mom's never home, his step-dad treats him like sh*t, he often feels suicidal and isolated. It could be that he just wanted a little attention. We all treat him well here, he doesn't get the abuse here that he receives at home. Maybe he just wanted someone to give him something to talk about. In his case, I think fantasy is better than reality, and he just got carried away. I have not spoken to him, I hope he's not upset by what I've just said.. but I don't think he's going to come back and have the courage to talk after he reads this thread. Usually when someone lies, there's a reason. It's disappointing and childish, no doubt, but it's not a malicious lie. Not that that makes it any better, I'm not making up excuses for him... just offering a possible "reason." And I apologize on his behalf, as any friend would do.

James, if you're reading this.. yes, I was a little taken aback by this thread, and quite embarrassed for you. But if you need to talk, you always know where to find me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.