Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had that same problem not too long ago, heck my girl is only 5 months old. And I tried ignoring he until she calmed down, but she's a bit sassy so she'd just start barking at me and when she'd actually calm down once I went to open the crate she'd go nuts again. So instead when I walk in the house I tell her HOLD ON or WAIT, I'd go do whatever I needed to do first (tend to the kids or even just go sit down for 2 - 5 minutes out of sight, when I came back into the room I'd say RELAX if she started to get all wound up. In fact I use RELAX for whenever she starts getting crazy, in or out of her crate. Now she still gets happy, wags her tail but she is starting to understand that I don't like a lot of noise or commotion so she kinda just sits patiently and waits. But we're still working on the aftermath of when, as my kids call it "I release the Beast!". At that point she gets one warning to stop jumping on the kids and what-not otherwise she goes right back in the crate for another 5 minutes or so. It's all about consistency.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.