Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: Brandy is a 2yo APBT, or american bulldog, or staffy. We adopted her when she was 6 months old. She has an underbite. A pretty good one. I noticed a few months ago, I noticed it looked like her top teeth were leaving indents into her lower gums.

Over the past week, Brandy's been chewing on all sorts of stuff. I couldn't figure it out. Today, thinking maybe it was some sort of teething thing, I checked out her mouth.

It appears one of her top teeth has punctured the gum in the bottom of her mouth. The wound doesn't look fresh (no blood), but it does look like a hole.

I'm worried about infection, healing, and the future of her mouth. I don't know where to start??

Any ideas? Anyone been through this before? I'd appreciate any advice I can get. I feel so bad for her.

Would giving her aspirin be ok? Ambasol? Cleaning it out with listerine?

Here's a pic of my baby, for reference:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Very pretty girl. I can't help you with your question, though. Have you taken her to see the vet? If you don't get any good responses here, send a PM to Miakoda - she's a vet tech, I think.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
My dog has an extreme underbite problem but she solves the toof problem by keeping her tongue in between them for cushion. You may want to share this technique with Brandy. :wink: Seriously though, you should take her to see a vet. She could get a nasty infection.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Can you post a pic of her with her mouth closed but teeth exposed (pull the lips away) so we can get a better idea?

And as always, I recommend seeing your vet if your dog is actually puncturing the inside of her mouth/gum area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.