Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rescued her about a year ago, and never asked what type she was..

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Beautiful!!! I dunno is her tail thick then gets thinner or it is then all the way down? AB's tails taper...Pits are thin all the way down.....What type of Pit maybe APBT? There is really no way to know for sure but all the breeds have some similair characteristics build and brain wise.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
She's very pretty! I would say American Bulldog or Pit - maybe a mix of the two. :D If there is a lot of breed discrimination in your area, I would list her as an AB mix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
angie7349 said:
Beautiful!!! I dunno is her tail thick then gets thinner or it is then all the way down? AB's tails taper...Pits are thin all the way down.....What type of Pit maybe APBT? There is really no way to know for sure but all the breeds have some similair characteristics build and brain wise.

her tail starts out fat then gets skinny like a whip..

·
Registered
735 Posts
she's very cute! :D She looks like an american bulldog and maybe some pit bull to me.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
This is Clara, my apbt. She was a year old in this pic and is now two.
She has not changed much except to gain a few more muscles in the chest and legs.

This was her at Christmas at 1 1/2 yrs old

Does yours look like Clara. I am seeing a little more squareness to the head and chest of your dog, where Clara's tapers more. I think the squareness may come from an AB mix with APBT.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
neoflee said:
angie7349 said:

her tail starts out fat then gets skinny like a whip..
That is an American Bulldog trait....SHe could still be a mix but augrad is right I woudl list her an AB mix to avoid any trouble

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having the same problem with Country, but after researching he seems to me to be the AM Standard breed. Yours looks alot like mine........

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
She looks like a standard AB to me but it's so hard to tell. If I were going to register her for her license, I would put Lab mix. Seems like even the AB's aren't safe anymore! :cry: Whenever I go on petfinder, it seems like everything is labeled, "lab Mix"!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
She looks like a standard AB to me but it's so hard to tell. If I were going to register her for her license, I would put Lab mix. Seems like even the AB's aren't safe anymore! :cry: Whenever I go on petfinder, it seems like everything is labeled, "lab Mix"!
Yep, I think that would be the wise thing to do.....
Very pretty dog though, does look AB and APBT to me also.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Bruno said:
your dog is a pitbull
](*,)
GUYS LIKE THIS KILL ME ! your dog could ither be an Lab cross / apbt.....american bulldog lab cross .... american bulldog /apbt cross theres probly 10 diffent crosses he/she could be there realy is no way of telling for sure !....! just love her/him and treet her/him with love and respect and youll have a friend for life :wink:

YOUR DOG IS A PITBULL ! WHAT I GOOF ! #-o

1 - 20 of 24 Posts