Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chatting to my sister on saturday and i mentioned giving Patch a meaty bone.
She then asked if i was lightly boiling the bone because giving them raw meat is bad!
i told her that it is fine and very common to give dogs raw bones.

This was her explanation:

When she had her dog a few years ago (border collie/cattle) the vet told her not to feed him raw bones because they start enjoying the taste of BLOOD and are therefore more likely to visciously attack humans, especially when they smell blood!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?

have you heard anything like this before?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Interesting, well, I guess Tora is going to eat me in my sleep one day :roll: ... :lol: :lol:You can't fix stupid :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
yeovil red said:
I quite like sushi but never feel tempted to grab my goldfish out of the tank and munch on them :D

Its just plain silly :D :D
That is funny!!

That whole blood lust B.S is just that, B.S!! Her Vet probably thinks that the reason dogs turn circles in their beds before they lay down and go to sleep is because they are putting up an invisible force field barrier!! LOL
What a load of crap

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
SugarBear said:
yeovil red said:
I quite like sushi but never feel tempted to grab my goldfish out of the tank and munch on them :D

That is funny!!

That whole blood lust B.S is just that, B.S!! Her Vet probably thinks that the reason dogs turn circles in their beds before they lay down and go to sleep is because they are putting up an invisible force field barrier!! LOL
What a load of crap
LMAO :lol:

That's scary that she heard it from a VET! :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
SugarBear said:
yeovil red said:

That is funny!!

What a load of crap
your dog can't put up force field barriers? how do you sleep at night? [-(

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
FRANKtheTANK said:
SugarBear said:
yeovil red said:

That is funny!!

What a load of crap
LOL!!! The gamma rays interfere with my TV reception!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
SugarBear said:
FRANKtheTANK said:
SugarBear said:
yeovil red said:

That is funny!!

What a load of crap
LOL!!! The gamma rays interfere with my TV reception!!
lol. your avatar for your dog looks like a high school photo. it's all prestigious and he's looking up and away from the camera. lol. i love it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
CGraney said:
i heard that if you let a dog lick your face, he will get a taste for your head and at night he'll sneak into your bed, get into your skull to eat your brain.
damn, I have a death wish coming then! I better board Kate up in her crate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kate said:
CGraney said:
i heard that if you let a dog lick your face, he will get a taste for your head and at night he'll sneak into your bed, get into your skull to eat your brain.
darn, I have a death wish coming then! I better board Kate up in her crate
i'll think i'll just play it safe and have my dog's tongue surgically removed.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
There was a local 'wolfdog' breeder that insisted that his dogs were perfectly safe around kids and cats, because he ONLY fed dry kibble, NEVER meat, cooked or raw. Because (apparently, according to him) the wolf instincts to hunt and chase were supressed because they had never tasted blood.

/rolls eyes

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Hold on can I make a comment...that is a funny statement :lol: but not soooo funny..I own horses and my english bull Hilda many moons ago would bust out my bedroom window (if given the chance) and attempt to kill (great prey drive) and eat my ponies..I was not home one day the teenage kids let her out of her crate to play and she broke out the bedroom window while unsupervised by the kids :evil: ..and proceeded to eat 12 sq inches of flesh from a ponies throat and over 30 puncture holes to the legs and belly...276 stiches later the pony was patched up..and the dog was put down..

I do believe instances like this contribute to the blood thirsty comments..cuz she would go into a frenzy after the 1st bite..

Also on this note..I have never had another freak of nature like that sooooo it is a funny statement..

e

·
Registered
55 Posts
CowBella said:
There was a local 'wolfdog' breeder that insisted that his dogs were perfectly safe around kids and cats, because he ONLY fed dry kibble, NEVER meat, cooked or raw. Because (apparently, according to him) the wolf instincts to hunt and chase were supressed because they had never tasted blood.

/rolls eyes
that's awesome... supressed the desire for meat by not giving it to them?

that's like saying "i kept my dog from females to supress his desire to mate... now put him with your female... he won't hump... i swear."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.