Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I moved here to Alabama, I couldnt find Nutro Large breed puppy, or any Nutro for that matter, the food I have always had my pups on.
So I decided to switch them, I bought Purina One Lamb and rice. From day one, Cato would throw up. He would throw up once a day, every day, and did so for the remainder of the 55 lb bag of food (about a week and a half)
he ate all his food, didn't look gassy or bloated, but the next morning, and always in the morning, he would throw up undigested food.
Finally, the last morning he threw up, it was really gree, so I started to really worry.
I searched everywhere, still of course thinking it was the food, and found the Nutro, have to travel for it, but at least I found it. I put them on it.
That night(remember now, it has been a week and a half approximatly) he went outside to potty.
I go to let them in and notice he is running around like a dang chicken with his head cut off. He has something hanging outts his butt AGAIN!(Mind you, I have pulled dryer sheets from his rearend every month his entire life!)
So I get paper towels and go to pull it gently. Ends up being a knee high sock! I couldnt beleive it.
I had seen him poo everyday, so he was not completly blocked up, I cannot beleive he is so lucky as the sock actually passed finally.
That was what was making him throw up.
So now he is sock free, and hubby and son got an ear full about leaving them lie around everywhere all the time now, and doing just fine.

But I gotta wean them from this food again!

·
Registered
623 Posts
You got lucky!!!!! A close friend of mine had an APBT that stopped poopin' and eating. After a couple days he started to show discomfort so he took him to the vet. They x-rayed him and saw a mass in his intestines. They kept him, and planned the operation for first thing in the morning (it was about 6PM when the mass was discovered). My friend gets a call in the AM that his dog passed overnight. They did an autopsy to find what the mass was and it was a long piece of fabric that came from the dogs blanket in his crate. They noticed that he shredded it, but didn't suspect he ate it. I loved that dog. He's with the angels now.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
do the dew said:
You got lucky!!!!! A close friend of mine had an APBT that stopped poopin' and eating. After a couple days he started to show discomfort so he took him to the vet. They x-rayed him and saw a mass in his intestines. They kept him, and planned the operation for first thing in the morning (it was about 6PM when the mass was discovered). My friend gets a call in the AM that his dog passed overnight. They did an autopsy to find what the mass was and it was a long piece of fabric that came from the dogs blanket in his crate. They noticed that he shredded it, but didn't suspect he ate it. I loved that dog. He's with the angels now.
This is the reason why my pitbull, Koda, can't have blankets or pads in his crate. He shredded and ate the last one he had in there, and we got lucky also, because he threw it up the following day.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
O****M*****G!!!! Poor baby Cato!!!!!!! THANK GOD HES OKAY!

lol....I know I shouldn't be laughing but, my god, that dog had a friggin knee high sock in his stomache for how long!?

As if he was pooping the whole time the sock was in him.....can't believe it didnt block him up!!!

Poor guy, throwing up the whole time, mus of been so uncomforable for him!

Well I'm very glad to hear he is okay!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Years ago our family boxer would lick the long silver tinsel/icesickles off the christmas tree. They never made her plugged or sick, but you could see every poo across the yard :lol:

Knock on wood - so far Sassy has only chewed and shreded, not eaten stuff otherthan food.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Glad to hear your pup is better
but if you have to travel a bit for the Nutro id do it or find something better
id stay away from all purinia products they are all terrible foods nutritionally lots of fillers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts