Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my APBT ICE to Timberwolf about 10days ago shes seems to like it. Bought a small bag of the Black Forest Venison 1st to try it. Just bought a 33ibs bag of Black Forest Venison and 16ibs bag of Lamb, Barley & Apples. Just was wondering if I could mix the to together if I did a 50/50 mixer if it had any advantages or if the to on there own had better advantages. Currently shes eating about 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of food max a day now she was eating about 3 1/4 cups of her puppy food before I changed. Shes 22 weeks and is about 35ibs. I was feeding 2x a day now she only really wants to eat 1x a day. I no I read she will eat less on Timberwolf, but is 1x a day ok since she still a puppy. I try to feed her before work which is about 4:45-5am and Im gone by 5:20 the latest but someday she wont eat and goes back to bed so Ill put it in her cage and shell eat it throughout the day but then she really wont eat at nite. Then I read if they dont eat within about 15mins then they dont eat so if she didnt eat in the am I just picked it up and then put in back down when I get home around 4 -4:30pm shell eat then but thats only 1 time a day.

So I kinda just was wondering what is best to do feed her in the am and if she doesnt eat leave it in the cage, or pick it up and its her problem then? Was thinking of trying Satin Balls in the am to try to get her used to eating when I get ready for work. One of my other ? is I let her out before I go in the am then shes let outside again around 7am and then when ever else my brother lest her out. Hes off for school right now but when he wasnt and her last time going out was about 7am she would go pooh in her cage but that when she was on her other food. Just was wondering also is it ok too feed her in the am if her last time out will be 7am and Ill be the 1st one home around 4pm usually. Some days my sister is able to come over after school before she goes to work but thats around Noon. Not sure if those time are ok for her to go pooh if she eats at 5am and then let out again at 7am and not again til 4pm. Well somedays my mom gets a late start so around 9am would be her last time out then. The other 3 dogs which are 3yrs,5yrs,6yrs are use to those times. And this is only Mon-Fri.

Thank you if yoy can help. Sorry if its unclear.

·
Registered
932 Posts
firstly, i give patch a mixture of kibble too.... i dont think there's a problem with it.

secondly, if you are crating your dog during the day, i wouldn't recommend putting the food in the crate with her because if she eats throughout the day, chances are she'll want to go out for potty.... but will have to hold on, or worse still potty in her crate.

you should probably feed her, then potty her, then crate her.

patch (who is outside, not crated) has become a fussy eater lately and ive been taking his bowl away after about 20 mins if he doesn't eat it.

don't worry, they will soon learn that if they dont eat then and there, they aint getting food for the rest of the day, so will learn to eat on command.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I thought just to pick it up for awhile if she doesn't eat right away then soon she will get use to the time. She never had any trouble eating at that time in the am and pm until I switched the food.

Thanks and any more suggestions are welcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts