Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've since renamed the kitty litter box the "snack box". Esther loves to sneak "treats" from there. Gross. I since put the cats litter in large bins and put a top on it with a hole big enough for the cat to get in and not the dog. Worked for a while until Esther muscled her way into the box by somehow getting the lid off.

My second brillant idea is the best...

I bought a metal crate. Basically the same one that Esther uses. I cut a hole in the swinging door big enough for the cat to get into. So now the dog cannot get into the litter box and its easy to get the litter box out of the crate by using the crate door. And I dont have to buy extra litter to fill a box that doesnt need it. I can use a standard small litter box.

Its working well so far. I left Esther alone in the basement while I peeked around the corner watching her trying to get at the snacks. She failed.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
EsthersDad said:
Its working well so far. I left Esther alone in the basement while I peeked around the corner watching her trying to get at the snacks. She failed.
lol thats funny!

But good idea! Glad it's worked so far

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sounds like a good solution! I'm glad I don't have cats! Bella thinks poop is a delicacy, and I'm sure I'd be spending all my time trying to keep her out of a litter box. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
EsthersDad said:
Cats must produce some sort of narcotic in their bowels cause man, Esther just loves those nuggets!
The vet said that it is pure protien and that is why the dogs love it.
Don't know, just know that it is a yuckie, yuckie habit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gazar said:
EsthersDad said:
Cats must produce some sort of narcotic in their bowels cause man, Esther just loves those nuggets!
The vet said that it is pure protien and that is why the dogs love it.
Don't know, just know that it is a yuckie, yuckie habit.

Esther hardly ever gets gas but man when she was snackin on kitty nuggets - HOLY COW!! Can you say "singed nose hairs??!!" Plus it gave her diarrhea for a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts