Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure what is going on with him. he is trembling, doesn't want to be around anyone which is not at all like him he has vomitted a couple of time in the last few days, seems to be favoring his left front leg too respiration is rapid & seems shallow i don't know of anything he may have eaten or otherwise exposed to to cause this . also he seems afraid of everyone right now if you go near him he cowers with tail between his legs....... doesn't want to be loved at all any thoughts or ideas???? i am really thinking about taking him to the vet as soon as they open this morning thanks

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just had a thought ...tuesday evening i applied frontline plus could that have caused this ???maybe a reaction?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
It's possible it's the Frontline, BUT I would think a reaction would be almost immediate and the fact he seems to be favoring one of his legs seems odd for a reaction. Definitely take him to the vet. Bully breeds are TOUGH and rarely exhibit signs of distress or pain unless it's serious. I'm sure whatever it is will be an easy fix, but don't delay in getting him to the vet. What could be easy to take care of could become A LOT more difficult to treat if you wait.

Please let us know how hes doing!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ...i have my mind made up he is going to the vet ....we will be there when they open this morning

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Are his vaccinations current? I don't mean for the question to be insulting, just asking. He got 3 or 4 sets of puppy shots? Has he been to a dog park, or other public place where dogs frequent?

I sure hope he is ok. It's heartbreaking when one of our family falls ill. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Thought I would go ahead and answer some of the questions for you guys. For those that don't know chip is my dad and Titan is one of Sasha's littermates. He is up to date on all his shots got the last set on monday. No he has not been to a dogpark or anything like that, he rarely leaves the house. I just tried to call my dad but got no answer I can only asume he is still at the vet we will keep you guys posted Thanks for the concern.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Treyfeezy said:
Thought I would go ahead and answer some of the questions for you guys. For those that don't know chip is my dad and Titan is one of Sasha's littermates. He is up to date on all his shots got the last set on monday. No he has not been to a dogpark or anything like that, he rarely leaves the house. I just tried to call my dad but got no answer I can only asume he is still at the vet we will keep you guys posted Thanks for the concern.
Cool..didn't know he was your dad and Titan was Sasha's sib. I'm sure the vet will be able to fix Titan right up. Let us know if you hear from him!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh poor titan. I hope hes okay!!! I hope he posts back soon

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
This whole thing could be a reaction to the shot. He maybe showing signs of one of the illness that the shot is preventing. I'm sure the vet will know and I hope everything is alright.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
titan update

just got back from the vet after exam blood work & x ray ...it turns out to be a blockage in his colon he was packed !!! got him some pain meds muscle relaxers & he is to eat plain white rice & pumpkin the rest of today activity level kept to ZERO LOL that will be fun he is in the crate now just chilling he seems to be feeling a bit better I LOVE OUR VET !!! they worked us right in ...the longest part was waiting for the xray to get processed the guy was there for the scheduled cleaning of the processer ( just my luck LOL)

thanks for all the comments of concern

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
OH WOW! I'm SO glad you took him ASAP...that blockage could've become serious! Glad Titan is on the mend...good luck keeping him calm and quiet :lol: Oh...and I wouldn't want to be you when he passes that blockage :shock: Let's hope its not explosive :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Glad to hear your boy is going to be ok. Was the blockage just normal stuff (constipation)or did he eat something he shouldn't have? My boy had a blockage from eating a barbie doll head and had to have surgery last December. Good to hear you avoided that!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
bullmastiff05 said:
'a barbie doll head' :lol: :lol: OMG!
Yeah, I can laugh about it now, but shelling out $700 just before Christmas last year, I didn't really find it so funny. :?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the Vet did not seem to think it was anything unusual...the x ray did not show any "objects". It looked just packed it is funny because he went last night & this morning but for whatever reason everything wasn't passing he is zonked out right now i took him out for a bit & he just sat in the sun had a very STONED look LOL i ended up carrying him in put him on the couch he hasn't moved in about an hour.... Thanks again everyone for your concern....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Kasco said:
bullmastiff05 said:
'a barbie doll head' :lol: :lol: OMG!
Yeah, I can laugh about it now, but shelling out $700 just before Christmas last year, I didn't really find it so funny. :?
Kasco, no disrespect. Please accept my apologies, I did not mean to laugh at your misfortune, I just found the Headless Barbie funny. I wish you had a appropriate smiley for me to show you how I'd like to make it up to you :oops:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts