Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Titus is on his last leg of training... One more week and we will see if we have a graduate or not...LOL! So far so good though he is now working from a 15 ft lead and doing a sit stay. down stay and come when called. He can stay for quite some time which really shocks me, cause at home he doesn't sit still for a minute not unless he is knocked out.... but when the pinch collar comes out he goes into work mode it is quite funny to see the change in his attitude when he is getting ready to work.

Now I just need to do some work with my older dog... lets see if we can't teach a old dog a new trick or two I guess you could say.... we just got Zeke a pinch collar and are trying it out on him cause he pulls the heck out of you when you walk him so we are gonna give it a shot....

I think at our next lesson I will take my camera and try to get some video of him working/training so you guys can see... it is so cute to see him so serious...LOL!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Where do you take him to training...i saw in your other post you went to old town...Is that in Kisimmii(sp)??

I want to get my pup some real good training and I live about 45 min from kisismmee (on a good traffic day).

I hope he graduates with straight A's (hee-hee) and I can't believe how much he looks like my Clutch!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.... but I am sure you can find some good trainers around your area....

So far so good on his training... and yes he does look alot like Clutch...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes he has finished his last week of training, but has one more owner/trainer session left where he will get his graduation papers..LOL... we had to put it on hold for a little while cause the trainer had a bad knee that really started bothering her and come to find out she needs arthroscopic surgery (spelling?) on it and will be out for a little while, but all of his training is done and we have been working with him on a daily basis to keep up with it and he is great. The trainer said once she gets back on her feet she will do a few lessons with him just to make sure he is retaining it and then do our owner training. Towards the end there she was working more with him on the long 15' lead with his sit/stay and down/stay and the come on command. I still think it is funny cause when the pinch collar comes out and the leash he gets all excited and serious and you can see a change from goofy puppy to ok I am serious and confident..he just loves to do the obedience training...LOL!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello,

When is a good age to start the training. I assume 8 weeks is a little premature. But, I want to start seeking a qualified trainer now. How old is Titus? Thank you.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
TashiasDad said:
Hello,

When is a good age to start the training. I assume 8 weeks is a little premature. But, I want to start seeking a qualified trainer now. How old is Titus? Thank you.
Basic training can be started at 16 weeks, from what I'm told and through research.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Titus will be 8.5 months old this Saturday... we missed the puppy kidnegarten class but we did most of the normal commands for him to sit and walk on a leash and stuff like that ourselves, Titus went to beginner obedience class when he was about 6.5 months old he missed a few weeks cause he and my other dog caught kennel cough but picked it right back up as soon as all was well that is why it has taken 2 months to get all his training done, it should have been about 3-4 weeks of training. But like HausMommy said about 16 weeks for puppies...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts