Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they okay to use as treats for training? I'm not talking the regular kind, I mean the tofu kind.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Just curious, why do you want to use the Tofu hot dogs? Aren't the chicken ones the cheapest? In Canada I buy the chicken wieners for about .99cents per package. I bet in the US its even less. Just wondering, why the TOFU? After all, most dogs thrive when fed mostly meat, not soy, and I would imagine that soy is probably a common allergen amongst dogs. Just curious about your theory.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our old OB instructor told us to get tofu hot dogs. (atleast my mom thinks thats what she said) and I ran out of liver treats today so I used a bit of a tofu hot dog. I don't think it's better than chicken, in fact next time i'm at the supermarket i'll get the chicken ones (ive never seen them before). But anyways, I just wanted to know if this was okay for them? As we bought them for ourselves, but they taste kind of icky, im not one for tofu food and was thinking i could use the rest for training. I tried to find something on the internet but nothing said whether tofu was bad or good for dogs.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Oh ok. If you just want to use up what you don't like I say go for it. Unless of course Abby has an allergy to soy, then that would be a different story. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem :)

Sorry, another question, was wandering if garlic was okay for dogs?

I really would like to make these liver training treats but somehow though garlic wasn't good for dogs and that's in the ingerdients. Hears the website to it, http://www.nwk9.com/liverbait.htm

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
A little bit of garlic is good for dogs, and I've heard helps prevent intestinal worms; a large amount is toxic. One teaspoon in the entire recipe is fine. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Lisa

You said dogs thrive on meats, I have a question what ones are good I know you said chicken hot dogs but what else can you give them, Hamburg? I would love to cook and give mine stuff but I'm always scared it will make them sick so I really don't know which ones are good or bad for em. Can you help?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Re: Lisa

halo said:
You said dogs thrive on meats, I have a question what ones are good I know you said chicken hot dogs but what else can you give them, Hamburg? I would love to cook and give mine stuff but I'm always scared it will make them sick so I really don't know which ones are good or bad for em. Can you help?
really any kind of meat is good for them and they love it. They can even stand having raw meat (which is the best for them). just make sure no bones in cooked meat. But remember its portion size too. Don't give them too much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts