Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some recent pics of Tony his owner recently sent me. Thought you all would like to see how much he's grown up! For those that don't remeber him, he is a pup I produced last year out of my female Jezabel(RIP) and a male named HFAB's Rippin Ruben. Hopefully Tony will be making hyis debue at the Bybee's SoCal show this October!

Then.....

Now....

His daddy, Ruben...

His mommy, Jezabel...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Bremner.... no confirmed dates or place as of yet..Alison is working on it. As soon as I know I will post it on here though! Looking forward to it...should be pulling with 3 of my dogs..can't wait!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
He is a solid looking dog!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with the way he is maturing...can't wait to see him in a year! I will post some pics of his sibs as they come in as well..It was a nice litter overall!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Looking good!

So what made you use Rueben, Carrie? I know alot of people rave about him (well, he is beautiful). Is that a linebreeding? Is Rueben a Mufassa son? Sorry for all the questions but you have me curious! :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again everyone!

So what made you use Rueben, Carrie? I know alot of people rave about him (well, he is beautiful). Is that a linebreeding? Is Rueben a Mufassa son? Sorry for all the questions but you have me curious!
Well, I really liked alot of things about Ruben. He has an awesome temperament, and really has a great working attitude. His previous owner (before Joel got him) weightpulled heavily with him. Joel pulls with him as well..just doesn't compete. Ruben was also tested and worked by Jose Lopez. If Joel had more time and lived closer to anyone working these bullies, I think Ruben could do really well in some type of protection sport. While the breeding between he (Mufassa son) and Jezabel (mostly S.G. with Satan on top) was not a line breeding, I felt that the qualities of both dogs could suit each other well. I really am striving for a bully type dog that can do something other than sit on the couch. Lets face it, there aren't too many bully dogs doing anything. Jezabel..what can I say, she was my girl. She had caught before (hog, cattle, horse), was training in Schutzhund, loved weightpull and did well with it, and could also wow in the ring..a good all arounder. The pups are bully hybrids, but it was a fairly consistent litter..they all have attitude, and similar structure. I am planning a breeding between a dog named CJ (Tyson and Fas grandson) to my Chewy (Matrix x Blaze, Tyson grandaughter) spring of next year.. if those pups turn out, I would eventually like to take one back to my Ruben x Jez stuff....keeping with athleticism but also holding type.

Hopefully I explained things better. I admit, dogs have taken a backseat to life recently...many things have been put on hold until we get back to normalcy and get a bigger place with some land. I have many ideas, but it will be a while before I get to where I was and want to be.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Carrie.

Have you ever thought about getting back into the Schutzhund training with Jezabel? If I remember correctly you got hurt and had to quit training her right? How far along was she in her training?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I lost Jezabel and half of Tony's litter due to a tainted batch of deworming medication when the pups were 4 weeks old. I was devastated. I got no recourse as the med was labled for horses (but ait was a brand I had used for years as well as others...in fact thier first worming was with the same brand, just an older bottle...it was the new bottle that did them in)

I still have Widow though, and she was also doing quite well in Schutzhund. I had to put training on hold due to a torn ACL in my right knee (that is why I bred Jezabel when I did) I am almost fully recovered now, but unfortunately with our location and work schedules..It's just not possible. We are a minimum of 4 hours in any direction to anyone who trains..plus with my husband and I both working now, it's just not feasable. I am pulling with Chewy and Widow a few times a week and plan to keep up with that..that is something i can easily do on my time off. But, I do hope to get Widow back into it at some point..she loved it and really did well.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
OK. I do remember you having that terrible thing happen with the wormer but I didn't realize that is was with Jezabel. Sorry to bring that up! It's so hard sometimes to keep track of everyones dogs! :oops:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.