Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems any time Torco goes to the water bowl he is there for 10 minutes and when he is done he throws up a few times. Most of the time its water and maybe some grass. Is this something I need to be worried about?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Sophie does that too. She's done it her whole life, and she's a healthy 11 year old now. :D So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Clutch does too....must be a bully thing. Does Torco do that horrible Yack noise when he does it?? Everytime CLutch does it it scares the hell out f me....out of no where here comes this horid "bwack" and it makes me jump. Silly dogs...dont they know they are making themselves puke????

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Faith does that too! I had to buy a carpet steamer and leave it out since I use it so much for just that reason!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My golden retriever used to do that all the time. When I switched to the BARF diet, she drank about 1/2 as much water.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Haus used to do it. The vet told us to limit his intake. Instead of putting down a big bowl for the whole day, refill his smaller bowl a few times. It works for us because we only have the one dog.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I find that puppies seem to want to over drink, sometimes I think it may just be boredom. I pull the bowl up if I think they are drinking too much. After a few hours I just put it back down. Too much water can be dangerous, especially before or after feeding time. It can contribute to bloat.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Lisa said:
I find that puppies seem to want to over drink, sometimes I think it may just be boredom. I pull the bowl up if I think they are drinking too much. After a few hours I just put it back down. Too much water can be dangerous, especially before or after feeding time. It can contribute to bloat.
I'll keep that in mind, Lucy doesn't do it very often anymore, in fact I can't remember the last time, but she used to do it ALL the time.

She also used to eat her food so fast that she would throw it back up. I think I have that under control too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just love this forum. I learn something every day. I was so afraid Molly had a serious problem. She does that drinking and then hacking as though she's got something hung in her throat. Whew! Molly and her 4 pups are my first APBs and I'm trying to catch up on my education. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Tora will drink at me LOL I have noticed that when ever she gets in trouble off to the bowls

·
Registered
209 Posts
I thought Gracie was tyhe only one! This is reassuring. She drinks way too fast evertyime, and used to always throw it up. Lately I've been giving her smaller portions of water, rather than always leaving a full bowl down, as reccomended by my vet. The rate of throw up is greatly reduced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts