1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys -

Since most of you are interested in having some serious discussion
on topics that we face with our bullies, how about listing some here
in this thread that could be set up for a good debate/discussion.

Lisa's new thread is a an excellent example:

Pet Obedience vs. Competition Obedience and How it relates to the Methods Used

So list us some topic titles in this thread to be used for discussion. :)

We will then get them set up for all to post in. :) :)

When suggesting a topic title, please include a small description of that topic, or how you would post the topic for discussion. This way we can just move the post. Please keep one suggestion per post. Thank you. ~Hausmommy

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Rescue vs buy from breeder
PETA, hsus support
Dogfighting historical vs today
Pitbulls as guard dogs

·
Legend
5,197 Posts
what exactly does this mean? went over my head lol
I'm guessing stereotyping of Black, Mexican, etc. and pitbull ownership. What is the general publics perception? We have a large Hispanic community here. Makes up close to 40 percent of the local population. Most have either pitbulls or chi's. Why? I know many Hispanics that have these breeds. I know of very few that own other breeds. Coincidental?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I'm guessing stereotyping of Black, Mexican, etc. and pitbull ownership. What is the general publics perception? We have a large Hispanic community here. Makes up close to 40 percent of the local population. Most have either pitbulls or chi's. Why? I know many Hispanics that have these breeds. I know of very few that own other breeds. Coincidental?
Correct. Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the US, and I drive through black communities on a daily basis. I see lots of pitbulls in those neighborhoods, and very seldom do I see any other breeds. There are also the perception that black pitbull owners have more aggressive dogs than white pitbull owners. Im not saying i believe in any of this, just things ive heard.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Another topic could be euthanizing HA dogs or "handling" it other ways.

May I also add that I am VERY excited about this section of the forum. I feel it is much more constructive than the Dog House and that I think we could all learn a lot from this. In my experience, I have learned the most from heated discussions and have even had my perception changed many times. Carry on!!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
OOOOO i have another. Culling. Is it necessary? Should it mean PTS or altering?

And Linebreeding. How close it too close?

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah - I am excited just by the topic titles. \\:D/
We should have it set up in a day or two now that we havce some topics.
:)

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Hehe. On another forum i belong to, you can chose in the options panel to see the debate/discuss section. The rules are the same. No name calling, no foul language. Just good clean debate.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
You guys are coming up with some good topics.

Training your bulldog for protection work

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Bulldogs VS other breeds as working dogs (pros and cons)
Health problems in Bulldogs (what to look for/what to test for)
Training methods in relation to the bulldog temperament (what works and why)

Are dogs really trying to dominate us? the pack leader debate.

OH another one....
From EB to AB, what are we really looking for with everything in between and why cant we decide (OEB, RB ect)

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rules will be as HausMommy listed for the Debate/Discussion section:
Section Rules

No password is needed - it is an open debate/discussion for any member.

Keeping in mind that the purpose for this section is to be able to have some good open learning and educational debates. This is NOT another dog house.

People are to be posting with respect and civility and not to be calling people out and creating a negative impact to the forum. And please leave the cuss words at home ;) ---

Now, what we need from each of you is to make an individual intro post for each of your titles. We will then move the posts to the Debate/Discussion section for discussion by all members.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
The rules will be as HausMommy listed for the Debate/Discussion section:
Section Rules

No password is needed - it is an open debate/discussion for any member.

Keeping in mind that the purpose for this section is to be able to have some good open learning and educational debates. This is NOT another dog house.

People are to be posting with respect and civility and not to be calling people out and creating a negative impact to the forum. And please leave the cuss words at home ;) ---

Now, what we need from each of you is to make an individual intro post for each of your titles. We will then move the posts to the Debate/Discussion section for discussion by all members.
Would you like us to do this now?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.