Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,522 Posts
augrad said:
Yeah, where do you guys get all this Merrick stuff? I never see it. :(
There are two independent, small pet stores in our city that sell it. The one has a ton of Merrick stuff. Their food is awesome. Loki loves anything Merrick. They sell these great smoked bones called M.O.A.Bs (Mother Of All Bones)

You can get all of thir stuff online directly from Merrick or from other distributors. http://www.merrickpetcare.com

· Registered
1,645 Posts
kogeki said:
Bremner53 said:
I bake beef heart
We get Loki Merrick pig and beef hearts. She seriously goes insane for them.

Bremner, you bake them yourself? Does it smell? Even the smoked ones smell.
Yeah I just buy them raw, put some garlic powder on them and bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes till its cooked then I cut it up. I doesn't stink, a little bit stronger then steak. I guess it might bug you guys, cause your vegetarian right?

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Re: RAW????

tjortega said:
Im not so sure about giving pets raw is that really ok?? I have 2 small children?? I'm Not big on getting bit!!
Not sure what you are getting at here, but feeding your dog raw (or your cat for that matter) meat is perfectly fine. Some dogs need to be eased into it, but it's perfectly safe. Raw food can also help with their skin, coat, energy level, all sorts of stuff, although i do find that the farts are smellier! Why would you get bit?

· Registered
55 Posts
They are going to be fairly gassy regardless. :) You can add a Tb of non-fat plain yogurt to the feed daily and it will help eliminate a lot of gas.

I would suggest you look on this site for diet guidelines. You can also do an internet search for BARF diets. They can be a bit of work to set up and maintain properly or if you buy premade they are fairly expensive. There are kibble diets being made now which come very close, IMO, to the ready-made BARF diets available. They can be ordered over the internet if you don't have a supplier in your area. They aren't cheap but you are paying for meat and other quality ingredients - not filler and corn/grain.

You should not feed your dog raw and kibble at the same time - they have two different digetive times and can cause excess gas.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: new

My dog's poop has been so small since we started her on raw it is unbelievable! I bet you will never have an anal gland problem when they are on raw.

If you want to do raw, there are plenty of resources out there for you to learn how to do it right. You want to make sure they are getting everything they need.
There is so much junk in kibble that they dont need. They dont need to be eating like corn and flour. Especially corn. They dont need it whatsoever.
Bremner posted some good links recently about raw and Beetle has posted some great info. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.