Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kamali loves to learn new things.. I am having a hard time thinking of new things to teach her.. Here is a list of things she knows already most by hand signals and verbal.. I can use either and she will do it.

Things she knows.. By hand signals and words.
Sit, down, off, stay, come, stop, heel, get it, stay close, go to Momma, daddy, granny, bubby, ignore, back up, pull, and up.
Tricks: shake and other foot, hi five, hi ten, fetch, and lets dance.
Her and Momma dance together. :) She also knows all her toys by
name and will search for the right one till she finds it.

Stay command is a blast because even if she is walking she freezes until the next command. We also play stay fetch I tell her to stay throw the toy and she cannot get it till I say so.

She is very smart and I feel terrible that I have ran out of ideas seeing how she loves it so much.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I am going to teach Tora to "Bow" when people walk up to us ........I was reading that people are less intimidated by a Dominant breed if they are acting goofy :D then they are if they are well behaved..... I taught my Chihuahua a trick called "Gorgeous face" when say it he rubs one of his paws across his face, as if he were petting his face, LOL, it is one of my favorite tricks... I thought him to say "Sorry" also...He has to lay down with his head down and loook up at you...So cute......"Please" = he stands on his back legs and put his front paws together in the air..I know that would be difficult for a big dog but you can always tweek it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leeann thank you so very much she has been sooooo easy to train.

Angie thank you, those are wonderful ideas.. I bet I could train Kamali to do Please she would just stand like she does when she dances.. I never thought of that one. Bow would be cute also. :)

Cookies Mom thank you. I wonder if Kamai would do that?? I might just try.

She loves to show off so we are thinking about getting her into being a therapy dog. I have contacted the Delta Society Eval person in my area.. I hope she passes. :) She was trained to be a service dog and I used the books Team Work I and II to train her. Her only problem is that he gets car sick so she cannot go every where with me yet. We have her up to 15 minutes without getting sick.. I am hoping with in a month to have her up to 45 minutes..

I am disabled and when I got Kamali and noticed that she learned so quick and had a wonderful love everyone personaily I said heck why not train her to help me.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Fetch is always fun. It tires them out nicely and provides mental stimulation. There's tons of fun tricks you can teach her, like crawl, walk on two legs, roll over, play dead, bow, jump through a hoop, follow the leader.

You could buy a book on dog tricks. I've got a couple for Yote, and I'm currently teaching him "crawl" and "hold". I'm teaching him to hold Tala's leash. She doesn't listen too well when she's concentrating on something else, like a cat or squirrel, so I want to teach Yote to retreive her if she should ever get away from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.